Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

over charging and no customer service

• 10-03-2019 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Eir wants to charge me 207€ for cancellation fees even though there is a note on my account saying 'do not charge cancellation fees'. I'm out of contract so there's no justification for that anyway. My partners mobile phone is still (for the moment) with Eir but because my fake bill is so high they've blocked her calls and 3g. The worst thing is it's IMPOSSIBLE to talk to anyone at Eir leaving me no choice but to cancel the direct debit. I was on hold so long the last time that I now owe an extra 20€ on my bill with another company. I never experienced such a joke of a company just stealing peoples money. Absolutely no customer service.

Seriously dangerous to take any services from Eir as they'll take your money but you'll never be able to talk to anyone to stop them taking the wrong amount.

No reply from emails either.

Can't wait to never use them again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

zipzoc wrote: »
    Eir wants to charge me 207€ for cancellation fees even though there is a note on my account saying 'do not charge cancellation fees'. I'm out of contract so there's no justification for that anyway. My partners mobile phone is still (for the moment) with Eir but because my fake bill is so high they've blocked her calls and 3g. The worst thing is it's IMPOSSIBLE to talk to anyone at Eir leaving me no choice but to cancel the direct debit. I was on hold so long the last time that I now owe an extra 20€ on my bill with another company. I never experienced such a joke of a company just stealing peoples money. Absolutely no customer service.

Seriously dangerous to take any services from Eir as they'll take your money but you'll never be able to talk to anyone to stop them taking the wrong amount.

No reply from emails either.

Can't wait to never use them again.
    Hi ZipZoc, 

Sorry to hear of the poor customer experience. 

If you could PM the following I will certainly investigate this. 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zipzoc

Maybe you could unblock my partner's phone and refund me the days she hasn't had service. Does your billing dept read notes on the account before they cut someone off??? You could also try answering the phone or making sure customers know that web chat is useless.

Hi ZipZoc, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Maybe you could unblock my partner's phone and refund me the days she hasn't had service. Does your billing dept read notes on the account before they cut someone off??? You could also try answering the phone or making sure customers know that web chat is useless.

Hi ZipZoc, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi zipzoc, 

I have updated you in PM's. 

I have sent you a further update.

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Bill has still not been fixed. Lucky I cancelled my direct debit!!

Hi ZipZoc, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Bill has still not been fixed. Lucky I cancelled my direct debit!!

Hi ZipZoc, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi zipzoc, 

I have checked your account and you are currently in credit of 35.21. This will go against the next months bill. 

All of the cancellation fees have been removed from your account. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement

Hi
    I would also like to know how to stop my partners phone without calling your customer service dept because its impossible to talk to anyone there. She has a no contract, sim only plan. Please advise.

Thank you
    Hi zipzoc, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi
    I would also like to know how to stop my partners phone without calling your customer service dept because its impossible to talk to anyone there. She has a no contract, sim only plan. Please advise.

Thank you
    Hi zipzoc, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi zipzoc, 

If you do not wish to call our cancellation team, the only other way that you can cancel is to send a letter. 

The letter can be sent to the following address: eir cancellations, Floor 2, Heuston South Quarter, St. John’s Road, Dublin 8
    For verification purposes and to ensure the best possible customer experience, please include the four below pieces of information;
    • Your name and address as they appear on your eir bill,
    • Your Account Number
    • Your telephone number including dialling code,
    • Your DOB
    • Confirm that you are the account holder. 
    [*]

As soon as the letter is received your cancellation notice will start from the date of the letter. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

I would prefer to call but nobody answers the phone!!

Thanks

Hi zipzoc, 

If you do not wish to call our cancellation team, the only other way that you can cancel is to send a letter. 

The letter can be sent to the following address: eir cancellations, Floor 2, Heuston South Quarter, St. John’s Road, Dublin 8
    For verification purposes and to ensure the best possible customer experience, please include the four below pieces of information;
    • Your name and address as they appear on your eir bill,
    • Your Account Number
    • Your telephone number including dialling code,
    • Your DOB
    • Confirm that you are the account holder. 
    [*]

As soon as the letter is received your cancellation notice will start from the date of the letter. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Btw I still have not received a correct bill

Thanks

Btw I still have not received a correct bill

Thanks
    Hi zipzoc, 

I will look into this for you. 

I will update you in PM's

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

I am not an Eir expert. (Clarification required for Boards moderator).

"If you do not wish to call our cancellation team, the only other way that you can cancel is to send a letter. "

Why do reps continually make this statement which is not required by Eir's terms and conditions?

The contract terms require Eir to be informed in writing of the customer cancellation request.

Email is legally considered writing.

Obviously if a customer has to wait hours to cancel it is perfectly legitimate to complain about this poor service
    which conveniently allows the customer to have their cancellation request date stamped.

The log a complaint process is at:

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

This simply sends an email to ccm@eir.ie

Advertisement