Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Manchester United, Premier League, 4:30pm, Sky Sports Premier League

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Match thread a cesspool of bitter Liverpool fans on the troll. LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If these ejits think they are cool running on the pitch.

Then they should do what real cool men and women did back in the day and streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Ohmeha wrote: »
    It's a shock because it wasn't soft, it wasn't even a penalty
    What? Are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

“Wrong said Fred” - Matt Dickinson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fred really is a calamity.

As is lindelof.

Should be scoring there, hitting the target would have been enough to beat the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lacazette has been excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Very poor decision making from Rashford today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Another couple from arsenal would be lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

It would have made for a great drinking game if "Paris" was the trigger word!

• Advertisement

Ah the wind again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fred is truly awful, so bad, United were sold a pup there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Mokuba wrote: »
    You don’t sound bitter at all lol!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Think the ref was as poor as the weather was at the end but can't argue with the result. Have to take your chances against a top 6 side.

Great weekend for Arsenal.

DeGea laughing and joking with the Arsenal players on the pitch at the end seems odd after his howler for the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Fred is truly awful, so bad, United were sold a pup there.

It was a very questionable transfer. I remember Jose saying a few months before he arrived:

"A team without a Brazilian is not a team"

"I worked with Brazilian players in every team I coached, and I enjoyed them a lot, everything they can give and also every problem they can create!

“But honestly, I enjoyed a lot, and who knows we can have a Brazilian in the squad next year. I don't believe it will be Willian, because Chelsea won't make it possible.”

Then when he came in he never had any real intent on playing him. It seemed to be a signing from the cash kings at the club to feed more into the Brazilian market. That is all I can really make of it? It surely wasn't that much of a footballing decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Mokuba wrote: »

not sure what the bitterness is, bitter that Arsenal moved int 4th or united moved into 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Jamie Carragher is going on too much about the ball for the first goal, it swung a bit but top level goalkeepers should be saving that

Never a penalty for the second

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Jamie Carragher is going on too much about the ball for the first goal, it swung a bit but top level goalkeepers should be saving that

Never a penalty for the second

He'd started to move to his left before the ball swerved. That was the error. He was never going to be able to shift his weight back to save it. Once the first step is taken, no keeper in the world is going to save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

At least ole didn't use some comical excuse for de gea's mistake such as having concussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

At least ole didn't use some comical excuse for de gea's mistake such as having concussion

Comical excuse otherwise known as a certified diagnosis by a qualified doctor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I thought United actually played pretty well in parts yesterday. Lukaku played well in general but just had one of those days in front of goal that do happen to him, probably the reason why he'll never be a world class striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

United 3 midfielders where awful yesterday ,

Lakaku back to himself missing big chances in big games, Rahsford looked knackered which is fair enough he's still a kid, Thought Shaw played very well again ,

Poor from De Gea and not a peno , United where unlucky ,

Arsenal defenders look so nervous when any attack comes there way, they remind me of Liverpool before VVD and Allisson , They are just always in panic mode,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

United 3 midfielders where awful yesterday ,

Lakaku back to himself missing big chances in big games, Rahsford looked knackered which is fair enough he's still a kid, Thought Shaw played very well again ,

Poor from De Gea and not a peno , United where unlucky ,

Arsenal defenders look so nervous when any attack comes there way, they remind me of Liverpool before VVD and Allisson , They are just always in panic mode,

Was definitely a penalty. Fred clearly had his hand on Lacazette's back and there was enough contact to warrant a penalty.

As bad as Arsenal's defenders were, at least they were awake. For both goals De Gea jumped out of the way.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Was definitely a penalty. Fred clearly had his hand on Lacazette's back and there was enough contact to warrant a penalty.

As bad as Arsenal's defenders were, at least they were awake. For both goals De Gea jumped out of the way.

Peno was very soft , defender out there hands on attackers all the time ,

Your second comment is very childish , keeper's generally pick a side for a penalty and go , hardly jumping out of the way ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Johner wrote: »
    I thought United actually played pretty well in parts yesterday. Lukaku played well in general but just had one of those days in front of goal that do happen to him, probably the reason why he'll never be a world class striker.

The reason too Lukaku should only ever be a squad player... just not reliable enough a finisher or even as a consistent performer for a club with our demands and expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Your second comment is very childish , keeper's generally pick a side for a penalty and go , hardly jumping out of the way ,

He felt to get a dig into the United defence after he felt you slagged Arsenal's.

You can call it soft, as would i, but the defender allowed the ref make the call as soon as he placed his hands on the attacker. It's impossible to tell how much contact or momentum it takes to push over another player. Any suggestion is just conjecture.

The first goal, he literally jumped out of the way. Huge mistake, that handed Arsenal the tie. He moved left when he shouldn't have.
    The penalty, he jumped out of the way of the ball, and got up and was furious with himself for doing it. Hardly a huge mistake, but a mistake none the less.

The penalty, he jumped out of the way of the ball, and got up and was furious with himself for doing it. Hardly a huge mistake, but a mistake none the less.[/QUOTE]

So to you not saving a penalty is a mistake ? Give over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,412 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Comical excuse otherwise known as a certified diagnosis by a qualified doctor?

You can't diagnose concussion from a particular incident ten days later on a different continent. Maybe it was the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He felt to get a dig into the United defence after he felt you slagged Arsenal's.

YDR is a liverpool fan though, so not exactly tit for tit

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Strumms wrote: »
    The reason too Lukaku should only ever be a squad player... just not reliable enough a finisher or even as a consistent performer for a club with our demands and expectations.

So what about the 7 goals he's just scored in recent weeks. He wasn't alone yesterday. Rashford missed an easy one too. Just one of those days. None of arsenal's strikers actually scored from open play themselves despite chances, but they're still good strikers.

This type of nonsense from supporters doesn't help.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You can't diagnose concussion from a particular incident ten days later on a different continent. Maybe it was the wind.

So you are saying the person who diagnosed it wasn't a real doctor ? are you a doctor ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,412 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

mightyreds wrote: »
    So you are saying the person who diagnosed it wasn't a real doctor ? are you a doctor ?

I didn't say he didn't have concussion. What I said was that you can't diagnose ten days later that it came from a particular incident.

A very convenient diagnosis. ....... 10 days later on the other side of the world! Now now.

A very convenient diagnosis. ....... 10 days later on the other side of the world! Now now.
    Dr. Ross D. Zafonte is a leading expert on traumatic brain injuries, concussion, and other neurological disorders having authored more than 300 peer-reviewed journal articles, abstracts and book chapters on these subjects and has cared for athletes of all ages for more than 20 years. He is the chief of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, as well as vice president of Medical Affairs Research and Education at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Zafonte is the also principal investigator of the Football Players Health Study at Harvard Medical School where he is the Earle P. and Ida S. Charlton Professor and Chairman of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.

I'm not defending Karius saying he was concussed cause I don't care it doesn't undo his mistakes , but I don't think a doctor with these qualifications does it just for convenience , I'm not a doctor or half as qualified as him so why would I disagree with him.

I'm not defending Karius saying he was concussed cause I don't care it doesn't undo his mistakes , but I don't think a doctor with these qualifications does it just for convenience , I'm not a doctor or half as qualified as him so why would I disagree with him.

Look at the bigger picture. Karius was being destroyed in the media after the game. That diagnosis was extremely convenient. That's my take on it.

If he did have such concussion your medical team are a disgrace not to even consider it at the time or even after the game.

I just don't buy it but you do so we will have to disagree and move on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Weepsie wrote: »
    So what about the 7 goals he's just scored in recent weeks. He wasn't alone yesterday. Rashford missed an easy one too. Just one of those days. None of arsenal's strikers actually scored from open play themselves despite chances, but they're still good strikers.

This type of nonsense from supporters doesn't help.

So you think it’s good enough to chalk it down as ‘one of those days’ ? I think there has been rather too much of this type of absolute nonsensical stuff from certain sections of our ‘support base’. People are calling this performance as they see it. Loosing and playing poorly yet intimating that it’s OK on the basis of having had a good run for a few weeks previously ? If that’s an ok attitude then you may as well go and support Newcastle.

Only on Boards does a match thread for Arsenal v United in the Premier League turn into a discussion of an injury to a Liverpool in the Champions League

Advertisement