Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application basic salary

• 10-03-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Myself and my partner are in the process of getting a mortgage. We've been told that we tick all boxes but the snag we keep hitting is my partners wages. He works in the Airport and his job requires "shift work patterns" the problem is banks aren't willing to take him on his face value of his p60. Even though it shows consistency over past years. They'll only take him at a "basic wage" and anything after only at 50% as you can imagine this is both frustrating and heartbreaking. My question is if there are any airport workers or shift work pattern workers who find themselves in the same situation? And how to get around it? In this day and age there's no such thing as a normal 9-5 Mon- Fri job!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

PTSB took my partners shift allowance into consideration. When we got the salary cert we just had to make sure that HR completed it correctly, and then prove it with 6 months of payslips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Bank of Ireland also took my shift rate into account of 33% which was massive difference. The company I worked for just put a letter in saying it was guaranteed as shift was part of the job I did. They wouldn't however take bonus or overtime into account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

The lenders usually ask for 3 years P60 to prove that the shift allowance is consistent. Also you need to submit a letter from your employer stating that it is a permanent feature of your employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aiso31

dar_cool wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland also took my shift rate into account of 33% which was massive difference. The company I worked for just put a letter in saying it was guaranteed as shift was part of the job I did. They wouldn't however take bonus or overtime into account

BOI was willing to take him at his full wage but we were told we weren't granted the exceptions more than likely on the grounds that we weren't customers of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aiso31

Trish56 wrote: »
    The lenders usually ask for 3 years P60 to prove that the shift allowance is consistent. Also you need to submit a letter from your employer stating that it is a permanent feature of your employment.

We had shown the 3 years p60 and a salary certificate but a letter would also be helpful. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement