Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ttc while bf

Options
  • 10-03-2019 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I am breastfeeding my 25 month old (mostly at night but am having 4 hour gaps) and am looking for advice on how to optimise fertility. Shopping isn't an option as I want to allow self-weaning.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Have you read up a bit on prolactin production? That should give you some good insight into how it can affect ovulation. Usually when the baby is supplementing breastfeeding alongside solids and other drinks like water fertility often returns to decent standards. If you are having regular periods then it's probably likely you are having fertile cycles including ovulating regularly so breastfeeding shouldn't necessarily be a barrier to conceiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Are you having regular periods? Do you have long gaps between feeds at night?

My period returned at around 8 or 9 months postpartum. Cycles were very irregular but I was obviously ovulating because I ended up pregnant again just before he turned 12 months.

Advertisement