Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer status

Options
  • 11-03-2019 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi there,

I have a query related to first time buyer status. If I borrow to purchase land for faming or to rent to farmers does that effect my first time buyer status for purchasing a home? i.e will I need a larger deposit when I go to take out a mortgage.

Secondly, if I purchase a residential property abroad without borrowing does it effect my first time buyer status?  

Thank you. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

madbaz wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a query related to first time buyer status. If I borrow to purchase land for faming or to rent to farmers does that effect my first time buyer status for purchasing a home? i.e will I need a larger deposit when I go to take out a mortgage.

Secondly, if I purchase a residential property abroad without borrowing does it effect my first time buyer status?  

Thank you. 

Hi madbaz,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The answer to both your queries is 'No' this will not affect your First Time Buyer status. To qualify as a First Time Buyer you must never have had a mortgage to purchase a family home.

Many Thanks

John

Advertisement