Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Essentials

Options
  • 11-03-2019 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭

In starting the upcoming hibernia course, is there anything past students would recommend in terms of having in order to make attending the online elements simpler?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Olivia Pope

Following as I am starting in September 2019. Are you doing Primary Slingerz?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

slingerz wrote: »
    In starting the upcoming hibernia course, is there anything past students would recommend in terms of having in order to make attending the online elements simpler?

A large mug of tea, good internet and patience :p

I'm in the final two weeks of Hibernia now. I remember when I started I was so worried in case I missed a webinar or tutorial, but honestly it's fine. All webinars are recorded, and you can go back and listen at any time. The slides are put up either before, or just after, and webinars always discuss the topics that have already been released in the content that week. I don't even recall taking notes in most of the webinars, as it is covering the content you already listened to/read about. You are often invited to engage or ask questions, but this was only really necessary in the Gaeilge ones which are with your cohort and not the full year group.
    However I would 100% recommend note pad, pen and full attention for the webinars that discuss School Placement. I feel I learnt more from those than the handbooks or onsites.

You can PM me if you have any questions, I am the April 2017 cohort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Roisinnolan

A large mug of tea, good internet and patience :p

I'm in the final two weeks of Hibernia now. I remember when I started I was so worried in case I missed a webinar or tutorial, but honestly it's fine. All webinars are recorded, and you can go back and listen at any time. The slides are put up either before, or just after, and webinars always discuss the topics that have already been released in the content that week. I don't even recall taking notes in most of the webinars, as it is covering the content you already listened to/read about. You are often invited to engage or ask questions, but this was only really necessary in the Gaeilge ones which are with your cohort and not the full year group.
    However I would 100% recommend note pad, pen and full attention for the webinars that discuss School Placement. I feel I learnt more from those than the handbooks or onsites.

You can PM me if you have any questions, I am the April 2017 cohort :)

I second all that! I am also in that cohort and if i got through the course anyone can! 4 days left!! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

Sounds standard enough so. I'm for the secondary school cohort commencing next week!

Advertisement