Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 day cancellation notice

Options
  • 11-03-2019 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am giving 30 days notice of cancellation - account 40540981.
    I tried to cancel on the phone but hung up after waiting for 40 mins.
    John

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

And that was the day Eir cancelled all accounts with the name John in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

colm_mcm wrote: »
    And that was the day Eir cancelled all accounts with the name John in them.
    Wish my name was John!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

jkforde wrote: »
    Hi
    I am giving 30 days notice of cancellation - account *********
    I tried to cancel on the phone but hung up after waiting for 40 mins.
    John
    Hi John

We can't take cancellations via Boards I'm afraid.  Please click here to see how you can cancel your account. 
    I have edited your post so that your account number is not showing publicly. 

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Thanks Linzi but the phone service is not an option. Please get someone in the switching team to ring me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

jkforde wrote: »
    Thanks Linzi but the phone service is not an option. Please get someone in the switching team to ring me.
    Hi jkforde

We can't do call back requests I'm afraid.  You can send a registered letter.  Please click here and scroll down to view the address for cancellations/Switching. 

Many thanks ~

Linzi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Hi John,
    I admire your courage in just putting the account number up and telling Eir consider this as your written cancellation notice.

Definitely innovative!
    Possibly PMing the Eir reps here could/should be considered written notice which is all that is required by Eirs T & C's.

I'm not sure it will work. The risk is you can still get multiple bills and debt collectors.

A safer option is to email your account details, DOB and you as account holder to

ccm@eir.ie

as complaint that you can't get anyone in Eir to accept cancellation.

This simple email definitely meets the Eirs terms and conditions.

You then have a date stamped cancellation to the email account agreed between Eir and ComReg.

Keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks a lot Paddy for your helpful reply.. I've sent the email just now and have the letter printed and signed... beggars belief that this is considered acceptable customer service notwithstanding Linzi's replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

<incorrect advice removed>

Advertisement