Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb

• 11-03-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Anyone around Caherconlish area using Digiweb for phone/broadband?
    Would appreciate if anyone has any recommendations good or bad about their service.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Are you sure you're not on the Map for Broadband?

https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

Thing about the likes of Digiweb and stuff is the NAT type if people in the house are gaming. It's not really possible 90% of the time due to strict NAT.

Within the area though there are a number of masts which you can get 4G from. You can always buy a SIM Router(about €150) and put upstairs(side of the house towards the mast) and buy a top up sim card and for €20 a month you can get unlimited DATA at about 20+mbps.

I know this as I've been looking at buying a house in the area and have researched this because some of the houses cannot and might never get a broadband phone line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Berty wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not on the Map for Broadband?

https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

Thing about the likes of Digiweb and stuff is the NAT type if people in the house are gaming. It's not really possible 90% of the time due to strict NAT.

Within the area though there are a number of masts which you can get 4G from. You can always buy a SIM Router(about €150) and put upstairs(side of the house towards the mast) and buy a top up sim card and for €20 a month you can get unlimited DATA at about 20+mbps.

I know this as I've been looking at buying a house in the area and have researched this because some of the houses cannot and might never get a broadband phone line.

Digiweb also do fixed line broadband, and SIRO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Sorry, should have explained a little better.
    I am currently on fttc, getting around 28mbps. I am just looking to change provider. Witnessed Wednesday the bs trying to talk to someone in eir.
    Not concerned about nat as I don't do online gaming etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Apologies bringing up an old thread.

Our Digiweb Fritz box lost internet connection yesterday. Turned it off and on but no success.

In the Castletroy area.

Anyone else with a similar router have issues?

Advertisement