Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda reserve

Options
  • 11-03-2019 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Anybody waiting on medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

kinglong wrote: »
    Anybody waiting on medical

Have you received no medical date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

Have you received no medical date yet?

No not yet seen super 3 weeks ago he said vetting was all done medical next

No not yet seen super 3 weeks ago he said vetting was all done medical next

You could potentially get a call. They are trying there best to get 100 recruits down to to Templemore. I have heard of people getting called within the last week.

You could potentially get a call. They are trying there best to get 100 recruits down to to Templemore. I have heard of people getting called within the last week.

Hopefully have family in the guards and I am in the emergency services already I just have to wait the super said he got a call saying there is a big push for reserves

Hopefully have family in the guards and I am in the emergency services already I just have to wait the super said he got a call saying there is a big push for reserves

Yeah exactly, I’m heading down myself next week for training. Last I heard there was a big push to get people up for the medical. I hope you get sorted though. They are trying to get it up to 2000 by 2021 I think so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Yeah exactly, I’m heading down myself next week for training. Last I heard there was a big push to get people up for the medical. I hope you get sorted though. They are trying to get it up to 2000 by 2021 I think so fingers crossed.

Yeah my mate is going down on the 23rd fingers crossed my cousins are sergeants any they helped me as best they could but there is only so much they can do if I don't make this one hopefully later in the year.

Yeah my mate is going down on the 23rd fingers crossed my cousins are sergeants any they helped me as best they could but there is only so much they can do if I don't make this one hopefully later in the year.

Yeah hopefully. You could ring Garda headquarters and ask for an update, nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

All the best to those commencing their training on the 22nd March ..........it will be a wonderful experience ....there will be a lot of challenges ..good times and bad times.....but take full advantage of all your training opportunities..in relation to the physical trainning ..take your time and practise , practise ,practise.....ask as many questions as you can.

Yeah hopefully. You could ring Garda headquarters and ask for an update, nothing to lose.

Ah I phoned them the other day they are just as much in the dark as I am

Ah I phoned them the other day they are just as much in the dark as I am

Yeah I thought that was the response you’d get alright

• Advertisement

Yeah I thought that was the response you’d get alright

There is nothing I can do, have you any idea how many are waiting on medicals, the super told me all my vetting was done and when I call HQ they said different you don't know who to be listening to.

There is nothing I can do, have you any idea how many are waiting on medicals, the super told me all my vetting was done and when I call HQ they said different you don't know who to be listening to.

This was the last correspondence I heard:

As of 21 February 2019, 92 candidates have been offered a place on the Programme and 72 have accepted the offer. Work is continuing to fill the remaining 28 places. Medicals are scheduled, vetting results are awaited and files are being reviewed. We are optimistic that we will achieve the Q1 commitment

This was the last correspondence I heard:

As of 21 February 2019, 92 candidates have been offered a place on the Programme and 72 have accepted the offer. Work is continuing to fill the remaining 28 places. Medicals are scheduled, vetting results are awaited and files are being reviewed. We are optimistic that we will achieve the Q1 commitment

Thanks for that hopefully I will get a call I would say a lot of people on the panel are not interested anymore or moved on to other things I wonder would they send candidates down on the second dates

Thanks for that hopefully I will get a call I would say a lot of people on the panel are not interested anymore or moved on to other things I wonder would they send candidates down on the second dates

It’s hard to know isn’t, it’s really a guessing game. I’d imagine they might because of the target they have set. Did you see the other Garda reserve forum that most people are in, that has a lot of information if you read back through it

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/109609995

It’s hard to know isn’t, it’s really a guessing game. I’d imagine they might because of the target they have set. Did you see the other Garda reserve forum that most people are in, that has a lot of information if you read back through it

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/109609995[/QUO

Is that past campaigns on boards.ie, there has been a lot of what if's and may be's in previous campaigns also very frustrating

Is that past campaigns on boards.ie, there has been a lot of what if's and may be's in previous campaigns also very frustrating

Yeah it is but most the Infortamtion on it is relevant

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/109609995

I will read back on that ok are you Dublin my mate is gem112 he was lucky sergeant and super seen him very quick a mate of mine who is also waiting and is a paramedic has not even seen the sergeant never mind the super

I will read back on that ok are you Dublin my mate is gem112 he was lucky sergeant and super seen him very quick a mate of mine who is also waiting and is a paramedic has not even seen the sergeant never mind the super

Oh yeah I know gem112, he’s active in the other chat also going down next week. When did you do your interview, meet with seargent and super?

Oh yeah I know gem112, he’s active in the other chat also going down next week. When did you do your interview, meet with seargent and super?

Met sergeant about 7 weeks ago and the super 3 weeks ago what do you think of my chances getting in on the phase done interview
    may 2017 same day as gem112

Met sergeant about 7 weeks ago and the super 3 weeks ago what do you think of my chances getting in on the phase

I’m not sure to be honest. Given that it’s only a week and a Half away chances are slim I suppose. But then again, if they are looking for people, you may get an invite for medical next week. Then your file also has to be signed off by commissioner.

I know a lot us have been waiting a long in periods.

• Advertisement

I’m not sure to be honest. Given that it’s only a week and a Half away chances are slim I suppose. But then again, if they are looking for people, you may get an invite for medical next week. Then your file also has to be signed off by commissioner.

I know a lot us have been waiting a long in periods.

chances are very slim its a very slow process I may just have to wait till next intake who knows what they will do.

chances are very slim its a very slow process I may just have to wait till next intake who knows what they will do.

Is all the vetting complete by the time see the super

Is all the vetting complete by the time see the super

once the Garda Reserve Office gets the required security clearance, you will be called to complete a medical examination (some medicals may be conducted prior to security clearance).

Wasn’t entirely sure, found this though.

once the Garda Reserve Office gets the required security clearance, you will be called to complete a medical examination (some medicals may be conducted prior to security clearance).

Wasn’t entirely sure, found this though.
    Who knows whats going to happen for the likes of myself at least your sorted out best of luck with it. They normally take on in september also as I was saying earlier the super said he got a call need reserves asap 10 in for interviews that day

Who knows whats going to happen for the likes of myself at least your sorted out best of luck with it. They normally take on in september also as I was saying earlier the super said he got a call need reserves asap 10 in for interviews that day

Thanks very much, if you get sorted let me know anyway. You’ll get their at some stage, some people going down next week applied first back in ‘07. Ten is a big lot for interviews alright.

Thanks very much, if you get sorted let me know anyway. You’ll get their at some stage, some people going down next week applied first back in ‘07. Ten is a big lot for interviews alright.

Thanks pal hope it all goes well for you

Advertisement