Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

35+3 and cramps????

Options
  • 11-03-2019 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi ladies looking for a bit of advise. I am currently 35+3 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 and have been having painful enough period like cramps on and off since early morning...they last mabey an hour or more ease off and come back....I have rang the maternity hospital and they said take paracetamol and unless in developes into a pattern stay at home...paracetamol has had little effect....has anyone experienced this?? I had Braxton Hicks the week before I had my first baby but this feels different 🤷🏼*♀️🤷🏼*♀️🤷🏼*♀️🤷🏼*♀️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I had that when I was pregnant with one of mine (years and years ago)

It may evolve into labour, and it may not. Trial contractions of the uterus, and you feel them more on the second pregnancy.

Rest and relax, is best advice. If it evolves into a regular pattern, you'll recognise that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes on all three.Particularly bad on no.2. Just keep an eye, see does it develop into a pattern.Started round 36 weeks with no.2, definitely not B-H as they were crampy.Came and went for about six weeks before she actually decided to come (she went the whole hog to 42 weeks, but did start naturally).Thought I wouldn't know when labour was really starting but I most definitely did.I found they were worst at night but when I walked for a bit they tended to go away, that was usually my sign they were going nowhere.It was exhausting though.Just keep an eye, see how they go and take it easy because it could take a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I had cramps that would last a few hours and then go away for an hour before returning on baby number two. I was 40+4 though. They started around 2am, I had a bloody show around 7am, but the cramps came and went all day. Then all of a sudden, at 6pm, they got super painful and were only two minutes apart. I gpt to hospital for 7.30. Baby was then born before 9.

I was doubtful all day as to whether anything was happening, but once things kicked off, the cramps were so severe that I had no doubt in my mind that I needed to get to hospital ASAP!

Advertisement