If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subwoofer for music

Options
  • 11-03-2019 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hello, returning happy customer here who could be persuaded to part with some cash for a subwoofer!
    Is there a deal on a subwoofer £150-200 price range? (I am open to a better quality open box, ex demo etc subwoofer).
    Best suited to music listening in small to medium sized room, not looking for massive power or room shaking deep bass, just primarily to improve listening quality of all genres.
    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Kevin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kevin,

many thanks for the post and the kind words - you obviously know that flattery works :D every time!

Monitor Audio have finished their MR series but we have a couple left that I am happy to clear at silly money - we have one MR W10 Open Box in our clearance section reduced to just £149 / €179:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13636-monitor-audio-mrw10-clearance-black-black-subwoofer.aspx

Or we have the W10 available brand new boxed in either Black or Walnut and we would do these at £199 / €219 for you.

If you wanted an alternative the new Elac S10.2 is really super value at a silly £149 / €179 ( check out our competitors prices) and it is a super piece of kit:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203776-elac-debut-s10-2-black-subwoofer.aspx

..But 1st thing is probably to check what other speakers you are using so we could check out how the sub will voice with your existing speakers?

Keep us posted and we will do our very best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Hi Kevin,

many thanks for the post and the kind words - you obviously know that flattery works :D every time!

Monitor Audio have finished their MR series but we have a couple left that I am happy to clear at silly money - we have one MR W10 Open Box in our clearance section reduced to just £149 / €179:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13636-monitor-audio-mrw10-clearance-black-black-subwoofer.aspx

Or we have the W10 available brand new boxed in either Black or Walnut and we would do these at £199 / €219 for you.

If you wanted an alternative the new Elac S10.2 is really super value at a silly £149 / €179 ( check out our competitors prices) and it is a super piece of kit:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203776-elac-debut-s10-2-black-subwoofer.aspx

..But 1st thing is probably to check what other speakers you are using so we could check out how the sub will voice with your existing speakers?

Keep us posted and we will do our very best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi, thanks for your helpful reply.
    My speakers are Q Acoustics 3020 and amp yamaha as301 bought from ye delighted with them. 
    I dont tend to listen to music at high volume much so i guess something suited to go with my setup and performs well at lower volume would be best.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kevin,

Ok if you are using Q Acoustics I think it's a shame to break up the QA party by introducing another brand especially as QA actually have some excellent underrated subs that will integrate really well with your AS301 / QA3020.

The correct match for your QA3020 is the QA3070S - these are available in a variety of finishes including Black Piano Lacquer at £425 / €439 - Graphite finish at £229 / €269 or Walnut

In the Walnut finish we only have display units left which we would clear at £179/ €199

We would do a Boardie special on the Black Lacquer unit at £249 / €299  - Brand New Boxed

Graphite finish a Boardie Deal at £199 / €229 - Brand New Boxed

Check them out here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=3070s%20g#pgnum=&sort=

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Hi Kevin,

Ok if you are using Q Acoustics I think it's a shame to break up the QA party by introducing another brand especially as QA actually have some excellent underrated subs that will integrate really well with your AS301 / QA3020.

The correct match for your QA3020 is the QA3070S - these are available in a variety of finishes including Black Piano Lacquer at £425 / €439 - Graphite finish at £229 / €269 or Walnut

In the Walnut finish we only have display units left which we would clear at £179/ €199

We would do a Boardie special on the Black Lacquer unit at £249 / €299  - Brand New Boxed

Check them out here:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Fantastic help thank you!
    I'll take the Graphite QA3070S new at 229 euros please!
    if  you can pm me with contact details i'll be in touch asap.
    Thanks a million,
    Kevin

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Kevin,

Check them out here:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Fantastic help thank you!
    I'll take the Graphite QA3070S new at 229 euros please!
    if  you can pm me with contact details i'll be in touch asap.
    Thanks a million,
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin.

If you drop me your contact number in a PM we will call you for the order.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.