Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three phone repair

Options
  • 11-03-2019 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

I sent my phone into three to be repaired due to my phone not recognising the SD card , on the repair reference sheet they stated the cosmetic condition on the phone perfect (only 2 months olds) , they sent it to a company in Dublin and they emailed me to say the phone can't be fixed due to a crack on the screen (which wasn't there when I sent it)

What rights have I here I was sold a faulty product and a third party caused damage to my mobile .

Any help greatly appreciated

Pudz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Be prepared to have to make a scene in store if you have to - 3 are utterly awful to deal with with repairs

My approach would be a letter to 3 with a copy of the docket explaining that it was damaged in their care and that as it cannot now have a warranty repair you want a replacement at their cost.

But I had to take them to court last time, where I won by default as they never showed. Slow process

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

L1011 wrote: »
    Be prepared to have to make a scene in store if you have to - 3 are utterly awful to deal with with repairs

My approach would be a letter to 3 with a copy of the docket explaining that it was damaged in their care and that as it cannot now have a warranty repair you want a replacement at their cost.

But I had to take them to court last time, where I won by default as they never showed. Slow process

Thanks so much I will start a letter with what you have said , if you don't mind me asking what was the court outcome where u compensated , pm if you don't wish to here

Pudz :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Will certainly echo that Three are a nightmare, I don't bother getting phones from them anymore I just pick them up off amazon now

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Thanks so much I will start a letter with what you have said , if you don't mind me asking what was the court outcome where u compensated , pm if you don't wish to here

Pudz :)

Got the award for what I asked for (full value of phone) and got what must have been the most grudgingly issued cheque in the world, which I was tempted to frame!

Jesus , iv been with three for maybe close to 8 years and never had an issue until now , ccsp have been very helpful in my customer rights to be fair , I'm just raging I sent the phone in perfect with no cosmetic damage and they email me a picture of a big crack on the phone which wasn't there when I dropped it in store

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll be taking small claims into action , called into store today and they showed me the crack on my phone which was 110% not there when I handed it in . The repair company three use SBE IRELAND don't have the best reputation either and I am not the first person that this has happened to judging on reviews. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you evidence that there was no crack on your phone when you sent it in? Or did a Three employee see your phone without a crack? That will help.

Before you start with the Small Claims Court, I’d write a formal letter of complaint giving them XX working days to address and send via registered post. If that fails, then off to the SCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Iwould think if there was a crack on the phone handing it in, this would have been noted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

They wouldn’t have sent it for repair had the crack been in the screen unles it was to get a price for repair of said crack

dudara wrote: »
    Have you evidence that there was no crack on your phone when you sent it in? Or did a Three employee see your phone without a crack? That will help.

Before you start with the Small Claims Court, I’d write a formal letter of complaint giving them XX working days to address and send via registered post. If that fails, then off to the SCC.

I do, the guy in store gave it a thorough check over , and on the repair sheet it states no signs of damage . I refused to take back the phone yesterday and handed in a letter to the manager yesterday giving them 10 days to sort it out as the replacement was not carried out with due care (downloaded the template letter off ccpc) brilliant website . <SNIP>

Will keep everyone updated thanks for all the helpful comments .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

pudzey101 wrote: »
    <SNIP>

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Hanlons razor.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Hanlons razor.

Sorry , just didn't want other three customers falling into the same trap as I have done .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Pudzey101 - I’ve snipped your comment as that is a serious allegation to make and could go against you.

Glad to hear you have evidence. It should all go in your favour.

Just an update I voiced my opinion on Twitter and head office of three got in touch with my local three store and agreed their employee should of noticed the crack (there wasn't one) before sending in for repair. Three said they will send my phone back for a screen replacement and the original issue of the phone not recognising the SD card :)

Advertisement