Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat Mincer \ Sausage Maker

Options
  • 11-03-2019 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a mincer \ sausage maker ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is a forum here which might have info.

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/

I know many of the manual hand cranked ones break, I was looking to get one but all seemed bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have a kenwood but the attachment is expensive and doesn’t offer the ability of some of the purpose built mincers.

The Andrew James ones get good reviews but it’s not a brand I’m familiar with.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

_Brian wrote: »

The Andrew James ones get good reviews but it’s not a brand I’m familiar with.

I have a hand mixer and ice cream maker from this brand. Suitable for home use and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

FWIW I have been making sausages for a fair while now, I have the Kenwood mincer attachment.
    Its much better than cheap mincers and does a great job of mincing with plenty of control and power.
    For stuffing them I have a 5kg dual gear horizontal stuffer, this is easier to control in my experience then a stuffing tube on the mincer.
    I add the spice to the meat, mix thoroughly and then mince. Once minced I mix it again and fill the stuffer.
    I prefer the natural casings to the collagen type. I find them more forgiving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement