Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Bahrain

Options
  • 11-03-2019 8:41pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did a wee search but a lot of the info in this forum is several years old now!

Looking for some opinions of people living and working in Bahrain in recent years. I'm a single woman in my 20s considering a move to Manama; the jobs I am looking at offer accommodation, utilities, health insurance, and flights home once a year for the equivalent of €20k. On paper, this seems like a great opportunity at this stage in my life when I have minimal commitments and ties, but I want a well rounded picture!

- Are visas still reasonably easy to secure?
    - Is it still safe for westerners?
    - I have a few tattoos and coloured hair, is this something I need to be concerned about? My tattoos are covered by a 3/4 length sleeve
    - Do I need to pay tax on my income to Irish Revenue or HMRC (currently living in UK)?
    - Is driving affordable? I presume my Irish licence enables me to drive there?
    - Anything you would have wanted to know before you lived there?

Greatly appreciate any insight you can all offer - I've heard loads of positives from expats but as I said, the info is several years out of date!

Cheers :D

Advertisement