Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexa Calling.

Options
  • 11-03-2019 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Apologies if this should be in the Alexa sticky but no movement in 4 months so I said I’d put it here.

Can I use my echo dot as a loud speaker or “intercom” to call people through my iPhone? Or does the person you want to call have to have the Alexa app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Checkout the mastermind skill.... I think it might only work for android though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Yes, your phone is essentially another Alexa device via the app, so you can drop in on another of your devices

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

He wants to call other people's phones.
    Basically using alexa as a handsfree for his phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    He wants to call other people's phones.
    Basically using alexa as a handsfree for his phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Echo-Connect-Alexa/dp/B06ZZNWTDC

Echo Connect then is an option - £29.99

• Connect your home phone to your compatible Alexa-enabled device to call any phone number, using just your voice.
    • Echo Connect uses your existing home phone service (analog landline or VoIP) to make and receive calls (operator charges may apply).
    • Simply plug Echo Connect into your home phone jack, complete setup with the Alexa App or on alexa.amazon.co.uk, and you're ready to make and receive calls.
    • Easily sync all your contacts from a smartphone or tablet. Don't have an existing address book or mobile device? Use alexa.amazon.co.uk to quickly add the contacts you need from any Internet-connected PC or Mac.
    • Connect your home phone to your compatible Alexa-enabled device and call contacts and voice-dial numbers from across the room and navigate automated phone systems with your voice.
    • Echo Connect will work with your compatible Alexa-enabled devices. Only one Echo Connect needed per phone line.

Advertisement