Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are agents on phone and web chat trained in Eirs code of practice for complaints?

• 11-03-2019 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

There appears to be a lack of familiarity with the complaint escalation process among Eir customer care staff.

Can you confirm that all customer care staff are trained in the code of practice for complaints?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

paddy19 wrote: »
    There appears to be a lack of familiarity with the complaint escalation process among Eir customer care staff.

Can you confirm that all customer care staff are trained in the code of practice for complaints?
    Hi paddy19, 

Yes, I can confirm that all staff are trained in the code of practice for complaints. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I spoke to 3 agents who were not aware of this and I had to read the customer charter to them.

I emailed through the complaints form Wednesday the 6th and received a call on Friday the 8th - no knowledge of Eirs complaint procedure.

I called at 9:10 am on Thursday the 7th and Friday at 9:30 on Friday the 8th.

Each time I have promised a call or email form a supervisor who could issue a formal complaints number, none materialised. 

Easy to manage complaints when you refuse to take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"Easy to manage complaints when you refuse to take them."

ComReg will in fairness, follow up on complaints after 10 days even if you did not get a complaint number,
    when emailed at consumerline@comreg.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"Yes, I can confirm that all staff are trained in the code of practice for complaints. "

Hi Grainne,

Thanks for the reply.

I think there is sample evidence that this training is not effective.

What action is Eir taking to remedy this non compliance with the code of practice?

Advertisement