Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming in Botswana

Options
  • 11-03-2019 11:39pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I am on Eir Mobile and am off on a two week trip to Botswana at the end of the week. According to your website Botswana is not a country so could you please let me know what the roaming rates for Botswana are? I did previously ask in a store but they just told me to turn off my phone and get a Sim over there. We do have a Sim for there but I would still like to know the rates in case I do need to use my Irish phone.

Thanks

MCR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi

I am on Eir Mobile and am off on a two week trip to Botswana at the end of the week. According to your website Botswana is not a country so could you please let me know what the roaming rates for Botswana are? I did previously ask in a store but they just told me to turn off my phone and get a Sim over there. We do have a Sim for there but I would still like to know the rates in case I do need to use my Irish phone.

Thanks

MCR
    Hi MCR, 

At the moment, we do not have an agreement with any networks in Botswana. As a result, I would be unable to advise of the charges as you will be unable to connect to a network when you are in Botswana. 

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Enjoy your holiday :) 

Grainne

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thanks Gráinne

Just to confirm, does this mean that our phones won't work at all in Botswana?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Thanks Gráinne

Just to confirm, does this mean that our phones won't work at all in Botswana?
    No problem MCR, 

Yes, that is correct. 

Unfortunately, your phone will not work when you are in Botswana

Thanks, 
    Gráinne

Advertisement