Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student debit card transaction limit

• 12-03-2019 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am making a payment at the weekend and I am just wondering what is the limit on a student debit card with bank of Ireland, as this is my preferred payment method. Amount is just under 20k and there will be sufficient funds in account. Thanks in advance for all help and advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

In the talk to menu there is an ask Bank of Ireland section.
    Get a better answer there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

A student paying out 20k at the weekend..... would probably set off all kinds of red flags at the bank!

I’d suggest you give them a call, check out the rules and let them know what you intend to do so they can note it on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cav93

Jim2007 wrote: »
    A student paying out 20k at the weekend..... would probably set off all kinds of red flags at the bank!

I’d suggest you give them a call, check out the rules and let them know what you intend to do so they can note it on their system.
    I'm not a student any more working full time buying a car, just haven't got round to changing account from student status

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

cav93 wrote: »
    I'm not a student any more working full time buying a car, just haven't got round to changing account from student status

So they will not know that. As I said the best idea is to inform them, so there will not be any problems.

Advertisement