Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Day 4 - Friday 14 March

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Delighted for Paul Townend. And on the horse he pulled off course at Punchestown last year.

Looked like the winner the whole way around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Definitly red at 66-1 was travelling okay in 3rd when brought down, 6th last year and came her in good form, thought it could have placed at least.
    Falling is one thing, getting wiped out it just frustrating.

Fine run and a horse I always liked to keep an eye on but that run at Kelso was eyebrow raising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Nulty wrote: »
    Horse wasn't good enough

Wasn't his true running. Sure even Elegant Escape finished ahead of him. Poorly campaigned as Johner said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Horse wasn't good enough

Absolutely, beaten fair and square nowhere near good enough on the day. With a proper campaign who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

Said it yesterday Monalee's pitiful effort in the Ryanair should of set the percy alarm bells ringing tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

jkbkhhho7t wrote: »
    Said it yesterday Monalee's pitiful effort in the Ryanair should of set the percy alarm bells ringing tbh

His preparation should have sent alarm bells ringing more than anything, it's hard enough to win a Gold Cup with a proper prep not to mention one run over hurdles ffs.

Doesn't work like that. Look how far ahead PP was ahead in Al Boum Photo in the RSA last year. (before he fell!)

They'll regret the way he was campaigned this year. Guaranteed you'll see a different horse next year.

Just as much as I regret backing him!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

mossym wrote: »
    any thoughts on caid du berlais in the next.

posted my picks earlier but forgot one, al boum photo and caid du berlais in a double. had forgotten about it until i saw i had one bet left in my account when i thought they were all gone.
    This will go down well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

You can't compete at championship level if you don't have you're eye in (PP). I backed two of Mullins there in a dutch with Native River. Kemboy went at the first and Bellshill jumped like a hairy goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

This has been the worst festival ever for me,no winners and no horse even finished top 3, one final bet left,but i doubt he'll win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

If GC was run over 3m 4f Anibale Fly might well be a two time champion by now. Just stays and stays. Good run anyway, a lot of ew money snared there I’d say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Horse wasn't good enough

Sure wasn't but with a bad prep he doesn't need to be left in trouble, was worried he might have got knocked off the bridle Fly was cutting across him running and over fences.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Joe Donnelly what a character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

What ****e are you spouting, he's the finest jump jockey around, it was a poor ride imo everyone has them

Fine, but he also falls the most. Which makes backing him then giving out absolute silliness. Especially if its about the ride, the other horse was miles better simple as.

Wonder would he have won on Al Boum Photo? Funny as well his horse, the 1st string, doesn't finish again. You can say he's the best till the cows come home, he's an absolute money burner and if you're backing him all festival you're getting horribly fleeced.

Guess if Willie was gonna win it, it would be on one of the lesser fancied ones. Well done to anyone backed it, watched him race several times and nothing about him screamed GC winner in waiting to me.

Thought Native River wasn't for passing for a while there. Clan Des Obeaux gave me a daycent enough run for my money, despite only finishing what, 5th, 4th? He'll be back I'd say.

Sawduck wrote: »
    This has been the worst festival ever for me,no winners and no horse even finished top 3, one final bet left,but i doubt he'll win

Did you hack my computer :P

Worst ever so far for me. Seen **** all racing in the last 3 years and lack of replays isn't helpful. Might even get RacingTV, that is how bad I have done this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Clan Des Obeaux gave me a daycent enough run for my money, despite only finishing what, 5th, 4th? He'll be back I'd say.

Yep, ran a good race, positioned well, just didn't have enough left in the tank.
    Happy enough to get a bit of a race out of it at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

the roar in the bookies coming around that last corner when it looked like
    pp was making some kinda move though would want to have been something special to win from there
    safe to say the whole office was on him myself included

was ahead for the week at the start of play, not the case anymore

road to rome at 8s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

I like Haymount, ground is fine, usually runs a decent race, not far back in the 4 miler a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sawduck wrote: »

That's crazy bad luck. I've had zero wins or places today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Slattsy wrote: »
    Wasn't his true running. Sure even Elegant Escape finished ahead of him. Poorly campaigned as Johner said.

Yeah perhaps, we'll see in time

Angliru wrote: »
    God she's the most stereotypical horse owner.

I was thinking the exact thing lol she is like a freaking caricature.
    British old money with a bit of Anna Wintour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Native River still getting 4th after being ridden for the first half of the race was very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

darced wrote: »
    Native River still getting 4th after being ridden for the first half of the race was very impressive.

That jump!

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

That's crazy bad luck. I've had zero wins or places today.

The previous two festivals were good to me,so I guess I was due a beating by the bookies

mossym wrote: »
    yup, you're right, shouldn't have posted it and have deleted it. didn't include it earlier so my own fault

If the second leg still hasn't run, you could have avoided the aftertiming aspect of it if you just posted that you have the second horse backed.

My mother actually said at breakfast that she would back one of WM in the GC but she didn't end up bothering, she's all mad now, I'm trying to tell her that his other 3 all fell but she's convinced now she would have picked Al Boum Photo, so funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Cheltenham should be on sky sports .
    Show every race of the meeting .
    Proper betting shows , especially market moves .
    A proper head presenter .
    Show plenty of video form before each race .
    The people that make these programmes haven't a clue regarding the betting that makes racing .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Hazel hill to save the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What’s the winner here!!! Having a poor day

Dutching PAcha and Uncello Conti

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

If Southfield Theatre wins I'm gonna smash my TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Tomw86 wrote: »
    If Southfield Theatre wins I'm gonna smash my TV

Thank God

These foxhunter chases are always garbage for betting purposes. Might as well be the grand national in terms of how many in the field actually finish the race, and the ease of picking out the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Hazel hill fancied for the 4.10

Cheers mate thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Hazel Hill saving the day for me. Had been disaster to disaster all day.

That was a no bet race for me!

Le Prezien in the next, my second last ap bet of the festival at 20s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Had him in two doubles. One with Clan Des Obeaux and the other with Derrinross.

Forgot to back him on his own to win. :(

Foxhunters is a great race, its a 3 mile race being paced as a 6f race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

have to be happy with a place there the way the day has gone

le prezien also at 12s and ddp in the last for a double also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lovely! Looked the winner a long way out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The people that make these programmes haven't a clue regarding the betting that makes racing .

It should always be on free to air,not Sky.Channel 4 and BBC used to do great coverage.Hopefully someone uses common sense when ITV contract is up.

• Advertisement

Was a 2nd horse put down also?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

It's on Racing TV with this exact offering. ITV were outbid for all 7 races. If you are looking for pure betting go that direction. ITV covers all aspects of the sport and rightfully so. I think they get a good balance and tbh when its all just tips and no interviews and behind the scenes of the festival it can actually get a bit depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anywhere to watch the final 2 races?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

TheRiverman ..... I would pay €20 - €30 for a proper racing coverage of Cheltenham . Sweet Jesus I would give €100 not to look / listen to chapman / Harvey / gleeson / cumani for the past 4 days .

Bet €1 + on any of the races and you should get an option to stream it.

TheRiverman ..... I would pay €20 - €30 for a proper racing coverage of Cheltenham . Sweet Jesus I would give €100 not to look / listen to chapman / Harvey / gleeson / cumani for the past 4 days .

Racing TV is €31 a month, there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Racing TV been excellent this week .

Terrible week i'm never betting on horse racing again. When does the Grand National start lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Try Coral website. You get commentary plus a virtual representation video of the race.

Just click for the betting on the 4.50 and there is a watch free option,just above..

You don't need an account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bet €1 + on any of the races and you should get an option to stream it.

Cheers, would prefer it on the tv, got it on the racing tv station

Advertisement