Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Day 4 - Friday 14 March

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

It should be on free to air,but not ITV unless the get rid of those awful presenters which is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

worst days betting ever i dont think ive had a horse come top 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

wooo some odds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Croco-sh*t this day has been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Itziger

How much d'ya have on it Steely?

• Advertisement

Itziger wrote: »
    How much d'ya have on it Steely?

Oh I didnt, was just dreaming

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Have Pym and Discordantly here to finish off the festival nicely, Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

Been a tough Cheltenham but it was always gonna be that way when both the favourite and the actual winner of the Gold Cup only ran once this season. The Supreme, Bartlett, and RSA winners only had two runs. Been that kind of year.

Feel for Johner with City Island and Minella Indo winning. Poor aul Passageway, sickener

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Anyone know what the winners score is Ireland v England?

Also the trainer/jockey standings?

Can't seem to find stats for it.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Got fcuking roasted this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dallas Des Pictons, my nap of the festival, to top off an unbelievable week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

The bookmakers will need heavy lifting equipment to carry away the loot.

Getareason in the last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Pym e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Slattsy wrote: »

Thought I was the only one who had a good week reading replies here nice to see someone else 😂

C'mon dallas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Thought Dallas would do it a long way out to make it a good day but wasn't to be.

Would have been smashing ap bet but it wasn't to be. Happy I wasn't a mile off and got a very good run for me money.

Great week. See yis next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

dave81 wrote: »
    Looked at the handicaps there. Bun Doran runs a good race and likes Cheltenham. Reckon he will give a good spin. Seasoned tough horse well used to these races.

Dallas the pick in the last hopefully. He will be backed heavily (already is!)

Elliott and Kennedy will cream them on Eclaire in County.

Finally to introduce you to the star of the day, may I present to you Percy. Go awnnnn

I have had a rough day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Would have been smashing ap bet but it wasn't to be. Happy I wasn't a mile off and got a very good run for me money.

Great week. See yis next year!

Desperate unlucky, Meyler must have thought there was another circuit, terrible ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Anything for Chelmsford or condalk

• Advertisement

Angliru wrote: »
    Desperate unlucky, Meyler must have thought there was another circuit, terrible ride.

Ah I'd say ideally the horse wants three miles. Maybe could have gone a bit sooner, but was travelling better than he could have dreamed coming to the last, but I thought winner won it well.

I finished with Mount Mews "refused to race" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

And that’s it. All over for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Who won jockeys trainers and Ireland England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Anyone know what the winners score is Ireland v England?

Also the trainer/jockey standings?

Can't seem to find stats for it.

Thanks in advance.

Ended up a draw I think, 14-14.

Mullins top trainer, Di Boinville top rider.

At least the Once-A-Year brigade are gone for another 12 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Sawduck wrote: »
    The previous two festivals were good to me,so I guess I was due a beating by the bookies

You had them by the nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Do "tipsters" serve any purpose? Do Cheltenham Previews serve any purpose?
    The Irish Independent on Tuesday for example. Three tipsters had six selections each with only one winner, Capt. Keen had Le Breuil in the Amateurs 16/1.

Having won the Gold Cup would Willie Mullins, Ruby and the lads regard it as a successful week?
    Some good stories though and nice to see Townsend, Feehily, Blackmore have their day.
    Davy Russell must wonder how things didnt go this year compared to last year

Andrew00 wrote: »
    At least the Once-A-Year brigade are gone for another 12 months
    Cruising on their yachts and investing the rest of their winnings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Lads anybody know what total distance Lengts wise for the meeting ?

Presenting Percy found to be lame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Itziger

You mean as well as bizarrely prepared?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Around 16/1 for 2020 Gold cup. I'd like to see Santini line up for it next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Have to feel for Patrick Mullins and Graham Wylie. Lost two horses this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

****ing 50s shot beats me!

Feel your pain I got a tip for minela but did not back it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Edgware wrote: »
    The Irish Independent on Tuesday for example. Three tipsters had six selections each with only one winner, Capt. Keen had Le Breuil in the Amateurs 16/1.

Having won the Gold Cup would Willie Mullins, Ruby and the lads regard it as a successful week?
    Some good stories though and nice to see Townsend, Feehily, Blackmore have their day.

Thibk it was johnny murtagh in one of the papers[mail?] got a good few of them right for the wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Heard Al Boum tipped numerous times by Paul Keely, he thought his Tramore run was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

He jumped really badly today. I guess he can try again next year but it’s not easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Ruby had the one winner, so it has been his least successful Cheltenham since 2003. So I'd say he'll be very disappointed with how his week went. Benie Des Dieux's fall at the last would make it worse, considering himself and Mullins were saying she was their best chance of a winner.
    I don't know if Ruby will go on much longer, he'll be turning 40 in May. He's had amazing success at Cheltenham so maybe a quiet one was inevitable at some stage.

A lot of quality horses were very disappointing this Cheltenham; Apples Jade, Delta Work, Footpad, Un de sceaux, Min, Buveur D'air, Native River, Mite Bite. Sir Erec (who's death darkened the festival) Presenting Percy, Faugheen ran well but not the horse of a few years back. Thistlecrack never lived up to expectation post King George 2016.

Tiger Roll was brilliant, but for me the stand out performance of this years festival was Altior winning the Champion Chase. A lesser horse would have fell at the water jump, but then to fight back up the hill when serious questions were being asked either side of him shows what an amazing horse he is. The Rocky Balboa of National Hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Tiger roll could have gone close in the gold cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Have a look at the selections box in today’s racing post about 144 tips and a handful 10ish or so landed I tend to pick my own but read opinions etc to narrow the field of someone has spotted something I haven’t. Kevin Blake , Gary o brien both excellent

Captain Keane/curragh correspondent etc no idea of who they are but they often just alternate the first and 2nd favs in each column seems to be blind selections. I saw one of them a few years ago nap a 4/7 shot as the bet of a festival with a triumphant splash across the paper that would have made Pyongyang ‘s news caster blush it was embarrassing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Lads I backed over 108 lengths winning distance for the meeting . It ended up at 108.5 . Is this a winner ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

spurshero wrote: »
    Lads I backed over 108 lengths winning distance for the meeting . It ended up at 108.5 . Is this a winner ??

If it isn’t the T&C’s are after riding you

Have a massive bet on Cuban Hope in the last at Dundalk at 9/4.

Been a bad week for me hoping this eases the pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

spurshero wrote: »

If it isn’t the T&C’s are after riding you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭rolling boh

would not pay much attention to any tipster if it was that straight forward they would be making the money for themselves and not writing for newspapers and such.They have not got time to study all the races so just stick down one the favs to fill their column .I doubt too many have been asked to cease tipping by the bookmaking industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Have a massive bet on Cuban Hope in the last at Dundalk at 9/4.

Been a bad week for me hoping this eases the pain

He must be a talking horse at home because they hammered him in the betting the night it was called off.
    They hammered him again last week but fluffed the start and his race was over.

They have went for him again tonight against a last time out Halford/Godolphin winner.

Will be interesting to see what he has got with a decent break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Itziger wrote: »
    You mean as well as bizarrely prepared?

As well as the saddle slipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

My profit from Cheltenham is a huge, massive jaw dropping 8.38

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Panrich

Funny highlight of my week was backing Benie Des Dieux on Betfair on my phone while stood in a crowded stand without my glasses on and wondering why twice the money came out of my account. I had backed her E/W.

• Advertisement
Advertisement