Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet not working, no internet light on modem - but DSL and WiFi lights are green

• 12-03-2019 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi eir,

Since early yesterday morning I've been unable to connect to the internet on any of my devices. 

The internet light on the modem is completely blank, however, both the WiFi and DSL lights are on. Also, when I search for internet connections on my devices mine is available, however, when selected nothing happens and it doesn't work.

I've taken all the usual steps - resetting the modem, turning off and back on, removing the connection and re-inserting etc, but unfortunately no luck and the same things happens (no internet light, but green WiFi and DSL lights).

This leads me to think that the modem may be faulty and in need of replacement. It's the F2000 modem.

I'm just wondering if someone could please check my line to see if there's an issue flagging up on the system, or what next steps I need to take to get this resolved?

Many thanks for your time and help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi eir,

Since early yesterday morning I've been unable to connect to the internet on any of my devices. 

The internet light on the modem is completely blank, however, both the WiFi and DSL lights are on. Also, when I search for internet connections on my devices mine is available, however, when selected nothing happens and it doesn't work.

I've taken all the usual steps - resetting the modem, turning off and back on, removing the connection and re-inserting etc, but unfortunately no luck and the same things happens (no internet light, but green WiFi and DSL lights).

This leads me to think that the modem may be faulty and in need of replacement. It's the F2000 modem.

I'm just wondering if someone could please check my line to see if there's an issue flagging up on the system, or what next steps I need to take to get this resolved?

Many thanks for your time and help.
    Hi Paully D, 

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your internet. 

You will need to speak to an agent in our technical team who can investigate this.

They can be contacted by calling 1890260260 or our online technical team here

Grainne

Advertisement