Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumnigh Wood Portmarnock

Options
  • 12-03-2019 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

I am noticing a lot of houses in Drumnigh Wood for sale lately, all at fairly reasonable prices, considering what is on the market locally and its reputation as a fairly exclusive estate.

Is there a particular reason for this? Is there pyrite or has it anything to do with the extortionate management fees?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

We looked at a few houses there last year. Quite a few of them were affected by pyrite. Although they've been fixed, that will still affect the resale value.

The management fees are really a killer though. We were outbid on one house and it wasn't because we were at the top of our budget, but it was the management fees on top of the mortgage which made it unaffordable for us.

The planes overhead are extremely loud too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭Homer

What are the management fees like? It is directly in the flight path for incoming flights. As is the new estate Drumnigh Manor a couple of hundred yards down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭donnem33

Homer wrote: »
    What are the management fees like? It is directly in the flight path for incoming flights. As is the new estate Drumnigh Manor a couple of hundred yards down the road.

I think management fees are over two thousand euro per year.

Although planes do fly directly over the estate, you would be surprised how quickly you get used to them and in a matter of days - don't even notice them anymore. I currently live just down the road opposite the dart station so am very familiar with the area and Druimnigh woods - just apprehensive if there is pyrite.

A large percentage of houses there were affected by pyrite, yes.

Management fees are around €200 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭Homer

That’s not bad considering it has to pay for the private security guard at the entrance to the estate. Piece of mind is hard to put a price on. I agree you would get used to the sound of aircraft if you’re from the area. If you’re not it can seem extremely loud at first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Eoin102

donnem33 wrote: »
    I am noticing a lot of houses in Drumnigh Wood for sale lately, all at fairly reasonable prices

I have noticed the same myself. A quick google will throw up many articles about how the development has had a pyrite problem. No doubt this is having an effect on the prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Fab houses.
    I done some extensions out there over the last few years.

Very ,argue attic spaces, which created really nice master spaces. We also put in a couple of dormer windows. Looked really well.

Homer wrote: »
    That’s not bad considering it has to pay for the private security guard at the entrance to the estate. Piece of mind is hard to put a price on. I agree you would get used to the sound of aircraft if you’re from the area. If you’re not it can seem extremely loud at first.

It does include bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Bit of an odd question... is somebody running a dog kennel from one of the houses?

There's a lot of barking from what sounds like a lot of dogs regularly throughout the day and night. Sometimes it sounds like the dogs are scrapping or yelping in pain.

You can hear it from the train station.

Advertisement