Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REQUEST FOR PRIORITY SMART METER INSTALLATION

• 12-03-2019 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I read, eg from Irish Times Jan 17th, that smart meters are already being installed and that domestic consumers can make a request for a smart meter to be installed as a priority.  I have my own solar panel microgenerator, and am very keen to have a smart meter installed which will provide information on both import of electricity and export of electricity that I have generated myself.   I want this because I know that a microgeneration bill is at its third stage in Oireachtas and may become law before the end of this year.  I believe that I will need to have a Smart meter installed to benefit from this.   I can find no information at all on smart meter roll out on the Electric Ireland website.   There is not much on ESB either, and a direct email question to ESB resulted in a variety of useless and outdated responses.  I look forward to hearing what Electric Ireland has to say in response to my question.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi there,

ESB became ESB Networks (infrastructure) and ESB Customer Supply (billing) in 2004. Then when the electricity market was deregulated in 2011, ESB Customer Supply became Electric Ireland, operating in the provider market alongside the other billing and PAYG companies.

As a billing company, we must advise that Electric Ireland does not have information on the smart meter roll-out - this is an ESB Networks operation and they are working alongside the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU).

If you have an Electric Ireland billing query in the future, do let us know here.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Northumberland

Please tell me who in ESB Networks I can contact for information on the smart meter rollout.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi there,

I'm afraid we do not have that information as we have no involvement with the process.

The relevant telephone number for ESB Networks is 1850 372 757 and they are on Twitter and Facebook.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement