Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording voice for audio guide...?

Options
  • 12-03-2019 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I need to record a voice track - one voice - for an audio guide to an exhibition.

I have a high quality Rode microphone.

The audio will be played back via headphones.

1. What's the simplest way to get a decent recording? I have both Mac and PC computers, as well as my iPhone 6s Plus, which has a headphone socket.

2. If I need to edit the recording, what should I use? The audio feature of video software? I have DaVinci Resolve on PC. Is there software I could use on my iPhone?

3. Anything else I should consider?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I would record via the Rode into Audacity. You cloud use a pre amp between the mic and the PC if you had one but not really necessary given it will only be voice.
    Much easier edit audio on a full monitor with a mouse. You can easily chop, delete, apply volume corrections etc in Audacity.
    Make sure not to record at too high a level initially. It's much easier to increase volume afterwards than trying to rescue a clipped recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DAC in most laptops are ****e. Get a decent one, even the Cheap Sabrent ones are good.

Advertisement