Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply for Overdraft

Options
  • 12-03-2019 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

Could you please tell me how I can apply to get an overdraft on my account.

Could you also tell me how do I register that I am on holidays? It used to be on 365online but I cant find it there any more

Thanks,
    Grainne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

gharry83 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Could you also tell me how do I register that I am on holidays? It used to be on 365online but I cant find it there any more

Thanks,
    Grainne

Hi gharry83,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To apply for an overdraft you will have to call our Lending Team on 0818 200 334 and an advisor can go through this with you.

We no longer ask our customers to update their travel note. Instead we ask you to make sure your contact details are up to date with ourselves. If a transaction flags as suspicious our card security team will send a text or email requesting that you confirm it as genuine. Once that is done your card will not be blocked.

Thanks

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gharry83

Hi there,

Thanks,
    Grainne

Hi gharry83,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To apply for an overdraft you will have to call our Lending Team on 0818 200 334 and an advisor can go through this with you.

We no longer ask our customers to update their travel note. Instead we ask you to make sure your contact details are up to date with ourselves. If a transaction flags as suspicious our card security team will send a text or email requesting that you confirm it as genuine. Once that is done your card will not be blocked.

Thanks

John.
    Thanks for your reply John. 

Much appreciated

Thanks

Much appreciated

Thanks

Hi gharry83,

I should have also mentioned that overdraft requests can be done online. I have attached the link to the application page here -> [font=Calibri","sans-serif]: https://form.bankofireland.com/personal-banking/bank/current-accounts/overdrafts/overdraft-application/[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Many Thanks[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]John [/font]

Much appreciated

Thanks

Hi gharry83,

I should have also mentioned that overdraft requests can be done online. I have attached the link to the application page here -> :

Many Thanks

John
    Thanks for that John,

How long does it take to get a response after submitting the application using the above link?

Thanks,
    Grainne

Thanks for that John,

How long does it take to get a response after submitting the application using the above link?

Thanks,
    Grainne

Hi Grainne,

For an online overdraft request you should receive a response on it in 2 working days.

Thanks.

John

• Advertisement

Thanks for that John,

Thanks,
    Grainne

Hi Grainne,

For an online overdraft request you should receive a response on it in 2 working days.

Thanks.

John
    Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I received a call today about my overdraft but didnt get to answer the call at the time.

I called back and the agent was not able advise what the call was in regard to.

Could you check this for me if I PM my details to you?

Thanks,
    Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I received a call today about my overdraft but didnt get to answer the call at the time.

I called back and the agent was not able advise what the call was in regard to.

Could you check this for me if I PM my details to you?

Thanks,
    Grainne

Hi Grainne,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. I am very sorry to hear that this was your experience.Please be assured that if you contact our Sales Team on 1890 365 100 one of our advisors will be more than happy to check the status of the application for you.

Please feel free to get back in touch if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement