Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AquaDragons

Options
  • 12-03-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Three dogs and a cat where not enough so my daughter got Aquadragons at christmas. They have gone through their first mating cycle and there are now hundreds in the very small tank, it could also do with fresh water. Has anyone had any success transferring these over to a larger tank. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I had to Google this as I had no clue what you were talking about. It appears they are Brine Shrimp so I'm moving your thread to the sub forum.

I can't help you with your query but it just has to be said - what complete and utter cruelty. This has to beat goldfish in bowls any day. Living creatures are not toys and I can not fathom how it is legal to sell these creatures to be kept in this manner with an obvious assumption by the 'manufacturer' that they will not live long. I'm absolutely seething at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Yep, brine shrimp.
    When I was a kid I sent away for these by mail order, but they were called "sea monkeys" in those days. They had the same smiling faces on the picture on the box, but the body was more monkey-like than dragon-like. Supposedly you could train them to swim through hoops and do various tricks.

So now theres's a new marketing ploy, and a whole new generation of disappointed and disillusioned kids learning about dishonest advertising :(

Advertisement