Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juventus (0) vs Atletico Madrid (2), Rd of 16 2nd Leg, RTE2 & BT Sport 3, 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chiellini, come on.

• That's embarrassing from Chellini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Chiellini great player but some wànker with the histrionics

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

Chiellini, that is ducking embarrassing. Glad Correa is the one who ****ed over his team though, he's another clown.

• Excellent tie overall

CL delivers yet another cracker

• Advertisement

Full-Time. Fantastic performance from Juventus. Ronaldo - well you can probably count on one hand the players in history that could have done what he's done tonight. Perhaps the greatest 'big moment' player of all time.

I think they're the team to beat in this competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

lawred2 wrote: »
    Cheillini is a twat

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fair play to Juve, thoroughly deserved on todays performance. Atleti just didn't bring anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Justice, right result.

Ronaldo the greatest European Cup force we’ll ever see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Athletico bottled it. Sorry if i offend:p
    Ronaldo unreal.
    History has a habit of repeating itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Juventus will take some stopping from here

Great performance tonight

Full-Time. Fantastic performance from Juventus. Ronaldo - well you can probably count on one hand the players in history that could have done what he's done tonight. Perhaps the greatest 'big moment' player of all time.

I think they're the team to beat in this competition.

He has serious big stones, great attitude and raw talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

LOL at Ronnies piss take celebration of Simeone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Decent game from the Portuguese Gerd Muller but you really want more from him in general play.

• Athletico bottled it. Sorry if i offend:p
    Ronaldo unreal.
    History has a habit of repeating itself

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Chiellini totally took correra out of it there at the end....no VAR? Stonewall penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yeah because Argentina are akin to Barcelona in their style.....................................

Exactly does Messi play as well with Argentina?

Ronaldo can drag a team along with him no matter what thier level.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Chiellini totally took correra out of it there at the end....no VAR? Stonewall penalty.

Ref went to Var, said no foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Great game. Atletico had no answers and no plan B. Rare to see them outclassed like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Strumms wrote: »
    He has serious big stones, great attitude and raw talent.

Puts the work in no doubt. Pity about all the shaping he goes on with at times though.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

monkey9 wrote: »
    I know Ronaldo will probably get MOTM for his hat trick, but i have to say Bernadeschi has been absolutely superb tonight.

Some stones to drop Dybala, but Max made the right decision. Bernadeschi is really turning into a top player after a mediocre first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Admittedly I'd be one of the first in line to ridicule or rain hate on the man if and when I can, but absolutely no arguing with this performance.
    Out of this world by Ronaldo.
    Well deserved win.

astradave wrote: »
    Ref went to Var, said no foul.

Did he? He gave a hop ball alright...how the fluck he gave a hop ball I don't know...but how does VAR not see chiellini wiping correra out? It's a blantant penalty. I watched it on bt3 and nothing was said about it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

The Juve Keeper would be the worry for them, they couldn't win it with Buffon and he's not in that league. Had nothing to do tonight mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Where is the greatest player in the world to take control of the game when his team is in need? That's right, jumping out of the way the ball. Totally anonymous once again against a well drilled Atletico team

Post from the first leg :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Did he? He gave a hop ball alright...how the fluck he gave a hop ball I don't know...but how does VAR not see chiellini wiping correra out? It's a blantant penalty. I watched it on bt3 and nothing was said about it .

Thought it was a blatant foul, maybe a harsh penalty as neither were getting near the ball but he definitely took him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

titan18 wrote: »

Like Ronaldo, TGM always delivers! :D

He really can't help himself!

EVERY TIME!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

titan18 wrote: »

In fairness to TGM, he saw an opportunity once AIG departed and he's really stepped up.

• Advertisement

mightyreds wrote: »
    Thought it was a blatant foul, maybe a harsh penalty as neither were getting near the ball but he definitely took him out.

Blatant foul and penalty , not that atletico deserved anything from the game. But no mention of it on commentary, just the fact that chiellini was playacting. What's the point in having VAR if they look at stuff like that, ignore it and the ref awards a drop ball?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Ronaldo knows how to take the perfect penalty,no shaping or silliness,just runs up and hits it with power and accuracy.

• Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Blatant foul and penalty , not that atletico deserved anything from the game. But no mention of it on commentary, just the fact that chiellini was playacting. What's the point in having VAR if they look at stuff like that, ignore it and the ref awards a drop ball?!

You seem aggrieved over it. Pundits never mentioned it. Refs didn't think it was or VAR officials. And I'd imagine most watching the game didn't think it was a peno either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ronaldo in the very unique position of being able to win 4 champions leagues in a row, across 2 different clubs.

Could also be the first person to match Seedorf's 3 CL wins with different teams.

• Greizeman was extremely disappointing tonight

And Morata is just awful

Excellent tie overall

CL delivers yet another cracker

Far better than a "superleague" could ever be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Exactly does Messi play as well with Argentina?

Ronaldo can drag a team along with him no matter what thier level.

Although it is clear he doesn't reach the heights of Barca for Argentina, Messi has dragged that Argentina team through qualifying before many a tournament in fairness.

Admittedly I'd be one of the first in line to ridicule or rain hate on the man if and when I can, but absolutely no arguing with this performance.
    Out of this world by Ronaldo.
    Well deserved win.

You definitely wouldnt be first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There were people in the la liga thread saying Madrid would be a better team without Ronaldo.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

What was it? 595 goals in 700 odd games for Ronaldo.
    That's insane

You seem aggrieved over it. Pundits never mentioned it. Refs didn't think it was or VAR officials. And I'd imagine most watching the game didn't think it was a peno either.

Not aggrieved. Just can't understand why a blatant penalty wasnt given and no mention of it. Doesn't matter a jot to me mate. Carry on as you were.

• Advertisement

• Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Not aggrieved. Just can't understand why a blatant penalty wasnt given and no mention of it. Doesn't matter a jot to me mate. Carry on as you were.

It's hardly questionable at best it surely would have been discussed if it was.

It was never ever near being a blatant penalty from my perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

What a disappointment. Honestly,where was the dropping deep and tiki taka with his team mates, where was the control and tempo setting. I mean honestly bar a hat trick against one of the best defences out there, what has he done anything to influence that game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

D1fc-RJ3-X4-AE2-GYe.jpg

Greizeman was extremely disappointing tonight

And Morata is just awful

Griezmann was poor but he looked isolated by virtue of the job the Juve defense did on him and his colleagues they bossed the midfield... Morata looked like a drunk on Westmorland St on a Friday night wandering up and down looking for his bus stop.

• Strumms wrote: »
    Griezmann was poor but he looked isolated by virtue of the job the Juve defense did on him and his colleagues they bossed the midfield... Morata looked like a drunk on Westmorland St on a Friday night wandering up and down looking for his bus stop.

Yeah fair point on Greizmann. He was marked out of it at times too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

1-Kv-a-Pnm-HWj-Oh-Ai5-FF320-LQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There were people in the la liga thread saying Madrid would be a better team without Ronaldo.

Lol

Anyone that says that just proves they haven't a clue about soccer and are too blinkered to give CR7 the credit he deserves.
    Messi is the more talented footballer but Ronaldo's sheer drive, determination and ambition is incredible in this day and age of footballers.
    You look at players like Pogba and Neymar and you wonder if they applied themselves half as much as Ronaldo does what they could achieve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It can't be denied that a game with Ronaldo in it is more likely to be exciting as a result of his performance. Obviously he's a diva but at the same time his professionalism and drive can't be questioned.

Like many have said, him and Messi are very different kinds of footballers, but both excellent. Why try and pick sides (seriously, what's to be gained?) when you can enjoy both?

I’m with you ^ it’s a privilege to be watching and enjoying our sport in this era when probably two of the top five players EVER in our game are playing... two players who while renowned for their competitiveness, talent and will to succeed are two pure entertainers who can do things over 90 minutes that other attacking pros would end up on their arses trying. Two of the best 5 players EVER to play this sport.

I’ve been thinking a bit about this recently and we are spoiled. Also next season my goal is to get to see Messi live in person play at the Nou Camp. I saw Ronaldo when with United a couple of times but I gotta see Messi before as eventually happens, the light fades...

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m with you ^ it’s a privilege to be watching and enjoying our sport in this era when probably two of the top five players EVER in our game are playing... two players who while renowned for their competitiveness, talent and will to succeed are two pure entertainers who can do things over 90 minutes that other attacking pros would end up on their arses trying. Two of the best 5 players EVER to play this sport.

I’ve been thinking a bit about this recently and we are spoiled. Also next season my goal is to get to see Messi live in person play at the Nou Camp. I saw Ronaldo when with United a couple of times but I gotta see Messi before as eventually happens, the light fades...

I want to see some 2nd leg games in the champions league around europe. Dont know where id get tickets but can you imagine the atmosphere there tonight,absolutely unbelievable

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement