Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good liquid eyeliner that stays on?

Options
  • 12-03-2019 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

It seems that every single liquid eyeliner I buy runs or smudges after an hour, even though it states that it's waterproof. It's a complete pain in the neck, when I end up looking like a panda at the end of the night lol.

Can anyone recommend a good eyeliner that stays on and doesn't smudge, please ? Preferably one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I wear liquid eyeliner every single day and my favourite one is about €3 from Essence... it's the liquid ink in waterproof (has a turquoise lid).

I had heard great things about the Nyx one if you prefer a felt tip type but I have sensitive eyes and they didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

+1 for the essence liner; its great and has been my go to for years. The brush is also really easy to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Essence liner is great and super cheap but I prefer Elf liquid liner, it could withstand a bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

The NYX Epic Ink is fantastic, it's the felt-tip style and properly black, doesn't budge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭t1h9mgqsxopj0r

I use the Rimmel black liquid eyeliner. I've used it since I was 16, I'm 27 now and I haven't been able to find any other eyeliner that can match up to it as I find it brilliant. The brush is exactly what I want and it glides straight on. I've tried others but I always go back to Rimmel. It's in a black tube for a reasonable price as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 SallyGreen

In the low-price segment, it's H&M and Sephora.
    Middle -- Mac and Nyx,
    High -- Lancome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Another +1 for the Essence liner.

I’ve been using the Body Shop one lately which I really like as well, but that’s a bit more pricey at €15. Not sure I’d pay that much myself but I got mine in the UK so it was cheaper. Will probably go back to the Essence one after I’ve used all of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Also worth a mention is a good primer? I have really oily skin and found my eyeshadow would crease like nobodies business and my mascara and eyeliner would be all over the place. I bought the urban decay primer potion on a whim going through the airport a few months ago and am so surprised at the difference it's made. My eye makeup does. not. budge. with this stuff on. Could be worth a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Also worth a mention is a good primer? I have really oily skin and found my eyeshadow would crease like nobodies business and my mascara and eyeliner would be all over the place. I bought the urban decay primer potion on a whim going through the airport a few months ago and am so surprised at the difference it's made. My eye makeup does. not. budge. with this stuff on. Could be worth a try :)

Yes! This stuff is the business. Couple it with the Urban Decay Setting Spray and your makeup can survive almost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I’m pretty happy with Supercat (medium) by Soap & Glory and No 7.
    Supercat is €9 in Boots.
    If only Supercat came in other colours, I would be delira. I find it great if I want to do a Frenchie/retro cat flick look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

I'm another one who wears liquid liner everyday and I've been loyal to Wet&Wild for about three years now, it's really easy to get a super fine line or buld up into a more dramatic flick.
    And it's only approx. €4 quid a pot.

Advertisement