Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby bounce chair

Options
  • 12-03-2019 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm due soon and looking to buy a bounce chair for my newborn. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations? There are so many out there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Beanie5 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm due soon and looking to buy a bounce chair for my newborn. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations? There are so many out there!

I had a Beaba up and down chair for my crew, it was a great buy. It’s bulkier (and probably a good bit more expensive- I think I actually got it as a gift) than other bouncers, but I found that being able to raise it up to a height was a great asset! It has a five point harness too, so I found it a bit safer when they got a bit bigger, especially when they were more upright.
    I think it’s actually a bit broken now, I don’t think I can sit it up, but it’s still usable for a newborn in a reclined position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

A baby bjorn one, they are expensive but worth it! They often come up for sale on Adverts or are a lot cheaper on Amazon than regular shops.
    I’ve three kids and it’s been one of my Best Buy’s, they can use it for a long time unlike a lot of baby bouncers. They don’t vibrate or bounce automatically but that avoids babies getting used to that! They’re suitable from birth and one of my kids stil sat in it at 3! Also folds completely flat with one clip so handy for transporting or tidying away at night. The cover can be clipped off and thrown in washing machine.

God I should be on commission with all those good points!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I also saw a Levo baby rocker on Instagram the other day by chance. It’s definitely a very nice looking piece of baby equipment! Some of them are very gaudy looking!

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/swings-and-rockers/baby-bouncers/fisher-price-infant-to-toddler-rocker-green/p/160321

This is the updated version of what I had. It saw me through 3 children, I have a friend who used hers for 4. My youngest still sat in it to watch telly up until she was almost 4. Very sturdy. Very versatile, can lie almost flat, or can sit up right and a few settings in between.

Edit: you don't need to use the vibrate/music function. I never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Had the baby bjorn one...hated it and sold it! I found the fisher price one excellent. The vibrate function was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We have the fisher price rocker older version too. On its fourth child. Grandparents also have it. It’s been great and is in use right now with the four ml th old cooing at me from it

Advertisement