Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z390 mobo and M2-Wifi card

Options
  • 12-03-2019 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking to order my mobo in the next day or so.

Leaning on a white colour theme so this is now my leading choice: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-Z390-A/overview/

One interesting thing I see on other z390 mobo's are m2 slot for intel wifi cards. I would prefer this as it makes everything neater, but I didn't see one mentioned on the specs of this board.

Can I get advice on board choice above and if m2 wifi is anything special?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

jme2010 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Looking to order my mobo in the next day or so.

Leaning on a white colour theme so this is now my leading choice: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-Z390-A/overview/

One interesting thing I see on other z390 mobo's are m2 slot for intel wifi cards. I would prefer this as it makes everything neater, but I didn't see one mentioned on the specs of this board.

Can I get advice on board choice above and if m2 wifi is anything special?

Thanks

My mobo (Gigabyte GA-X99M-Gaming 5) has 2 slots below the audio ports for holding the WiFi antennae - without those a WiFi card is useless.

However I wouldn't get too hung up on it.
    Any PCIe card you get will be 1 slot & can go into either the slot above or below the GPU without affecting looks or performance.

Also if you're really considering gaming - get a Powerline kit or a long ethernet cable.
    WiFi will always be laggier/have more packet loss compared to hardwired.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    My mobo (Gigabyte GA-X99M-Gaming 5) has 2 slots below the audio ports for holding the WiFi antennae - without those a WiFi card is useless.

However I wouldn't get too hung up on it.
    Any PCIe card you get will be 1 slot & can go into either the slot above or below the GPU without affecting looks or performance.

Also if you're really considering gaming - get a Powerline kit or a long ethernet cable.
    WiFi will always be laggier/have more packet loss compared to hardwired.

Nice one. That mobo wouldn't match my stupid black and white build haha :rolleyes:

I used to use a 10 meter lan cable, the missus was never happy when I did that, ha.

Yeah I suppose I'll have to just use a pci-e card. Now to find the smallest one available.

Nice one. That mobo wouldn't match my stupid black and white build haha :rolleyes:

I used to use a 10 meter lan cable, the missus was never happy when I did that, ha.

Yeah I suppose I'll have to just use a pci-e card. Now to find the smallest one available.

My mobo is for X99 so wouldn't fit your CPU ;)

Those PCIe cards I linked are smallest I'd recommend, as they also have Bluetooth (handy if you want to hook up a wireless gamepad).

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Was thinking of that asus prime mobo myself for a white build but would prefer this for aesthetics. Has wifi also. Very pricey though. Anyone know where i can get one?

https://www.nzxt.com/products/n7-z390-matte-white

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

buzzerxx wrote: »
    Was thinking of that asus prime mobo myself for a white build but would prefer this for aesthetics. Has wifi also. Very pricey though. Anyone know where i can get one?

https://www.nzxt.com/products/n7-z390-matte-white

I could not find that mobo on newegg or anywhere. One of the nicest boards out there. Only issue I'd have would be the make of board. Think that was their first and only one?

• Advertisement

I could not find that mobo on newegg or anywhere. One of the nicest boards out there. Only issue I'd have would be the make of board. Think that was their first and only one?

They made a board for Z370

If you're going that high-end I'd say EVGA are a safer bet.

Advertisement