Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pathetic Customer Service

Options
  • 12-03-2019 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Last Tuesday 5th March I contacted Eir in relation to severe crackling on the phone, to the extent that it was virtually impossible to hear anyone on the other end of the line.  I rang Eir - on hold 18 mins, eventually got through and in fairness, person I was dealing with was excellent, they rang me back on my mobile as the noise on the landline was very bad indeed.  I was told an engineer would be out in the next couple of days.  All good so far, unfortunately, its all downhill from there.

Engineer arrived on Thursday, ascertained that the fault was on the line and nothing to do with our phone,  he went outside to check whatever outside on the pole, and that was the last we saw of him.  Never came back to let us know what was going on.  We left it go for a few days, as we were certain that there must be some reason and he would be back..............how wrong we were.

Yesterday the 11th of March I rand Eir to find out what was going on.  Got the same message as last time about currently moving call centres and to bear with us, wait time would be circa 20 mins before I would speak to someone.  40 minutes on hold, I gave up.   Decided I would try the online chat function later that evening, best  I could get out of the person I was dealing with was "I apologize" and that I would have to ring in order to speak to someone in relation to the fault, excuse my french, but ffs what good is an online chat helpline that can't help!!!!!!

Roll on to today, I was determined, no matter what, I would stay on hold till I got hold of someone.  1 hour 40 mins later of waiting I finally hit success (or so I thought), I was through, but all i could hear was chatter and laughing, no response to my repeated hellos, and then loud laughter and I was disconnected.  To say I was annoyed was to put it mildly.  What the hell can someone do, when you can't even get through to talk to someone and get a problem resolved.

I have since tried the online chat service again, and this evening, actually got some information, the engineer has apparently looked for three extra days to get the fault fixed.  When he is actually going to call, I have no idea, the online service has no way of telling me that.

So where are we now?  Phone line not working for over a week now.  Very poor customer service in my view, I've never ever experienced such bad service.  Ideally, I want someone to ring me, and explain to me what the hell is going on, and why is it so difficult to get some answers.  I know the call centre move excuse will be excused, but that doesn't really cut any ice with me.  No other business would operate in this way.

To say I am extremely pissed off is to put it mildly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

bsb1971 wrote: »
    Last Tuesday 5th March I contacted Eir in relation to severe crackling on the phone, to the extent that it was virtually impossible to hear anyone on the other end of the line.  I rang Eir - on hold 18 mins, eventually got through and in fairness, person I was dealing with was excellent, they rang me back on my mobile as the noise on the landline was very bad indeed.  I was told an engineer would be out in the next couple of days.  All good so far, unfortunately, its all downhill from there.

Engineer arrived on Thursday, ascertained that the fault was on the line and nothing to do with our phone,  he went outside to check whatever outside on the pole, and that was the last we saw of him.  Never came back to let us know what was going on.  We left it go for a few days, as we were certain that there must be some reason and he would be back..............how wrong we were.

Yesterday the 11th of March I rand Eir to find out what was going on.  Got the same message as last time about currently moving call centres and to bear with us, wait time would be circa 20 mins before I would speak to someone.  40 minutes on hold, I gave up.   Decided I would try the online chat function later that evening, best  I could get out of the person I was dealing with was "I apologize" and that I would have to ring in order to speak to someone in relation to the fault, excuse my french, but ffs what good is an online chat helpline that can't help!!!!!!

Roll on to today, I was determined, no matter what, I would stay on hold till I got hold of someone.  1 hour 40 mins later of waiting I finally hit success (or so I thought), I was through, but all i could hear was chatter and laughing, no response to my repeated hellos, and then loud laughter and I was disconnected.  To say I was annoyed was to put it mildly.  What the hell can someone do, when you can't even get through to talk to someone and get a problem resolved.

I have since tried the online chat service again, and this evening, actually got some information, the engineer has apparently looked for three extra days to get the fault fixed.  When he is actually going to call, I have no idea, the online service has no way of telling me that.

So where are we now?  Phone line not working for over a week now.  Very poor customer service in my view, I've never ever experienced such bad service.  Ideally, I want someone to ring me, and explain to me what the hell is going on, and why is it so difficult to get some answers.  I know the call centre move excuse will be excused, but that doesn't really cut any ice with me.  No other business would operate in this way.

Hi bsb1971, 

Sincere apologies of the poor experience you have been having. 

Could you PM the following details and I will certainly look into this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

As soon as I get this information I will follow up with our technical team. 

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

Hi bsb1971, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    [Snipped]

I held off responding to you, in the vain hope someone would have called today, alas to no avail.  I did attempt ringing 1901 to see if I could get to talk to someone, but gave up after a 40 minutes on hold.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

[Snipped]

I held off responding to you, in the vain hope someone would have called today, alas to no avail.  I did attempt ringing 1901 to see if I could get to talk to someone, but gave up after a 40 minutes on hold.

Hi there,

I have removed personal details from your post. Please send the requested information via PM (which you can do by hovering over their name and selecting the send private message option)

Hi bsb1971, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    [Snipped]

Hi bsb1971, 

If you could PM the details I requested above and I will investigate this for you

Thanks,
    Grainne

pm sent. thanks.

• Advertisement

pm sent. thanks.
    Hi bsb1971, 

Thanks for sending on your details. I have responded to your PM. As soon as I get the information I requested I will escalate this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Pm sent. Thanks.

quote="eir: Grainne;109716802"]Hi bsb1971, 

Thanks for sending on your details. I have responded to your PM. As soon as I get the information I requested I will escalate this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne[/quote]

Pm sent. Thanks.

quote="eir: Grainne;109716802"]Hi bsb1971, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks bsb1971, 

I will get back to you in PM's as soon as I get an update back. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement