Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread VIII (Please read OP before posting)

Options
1318319320321322324»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,418 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Enzokk wrote: »
    Labour is taking a beating. You can follow this twitter account for results.

https://twitter.com/britainelects

Corbyn should be following May out the door following this election. Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 15,955 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Brexiteers do not need to worry - they will be OK on WTO rules, just like all the other countries that operate solely on WTO rules.

[If only they could name them - any of them - if there are any!]

I could be wrong, but I think I heard James O'Brien LBC ask this question of a caller during the week and got bluff and bluster in reply.

Gina Miller is a very impressive speaker with an excellent track record full of accomplishments. The UK could really do with someone like her as PM

Greens making big gains across the EU. I wonder will the brexiteers use this as an excuse saying that the UK green anti-brexit vote was nothing to do with brexit after all

• Registered Users Posts: 15,955 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Enzokk wrote: »
    Have you read his views on the Good Friday Agreement and does this not worry you at all? I would be careful of someone who when it came down to it and the PM position was on offer decided to turn on his ally at the first opportunity. I think he is just as dangerous as Johnson to be honest.

Michael Gove a ‘fanatic’ who would damage peace process

As I said earlier, he is a dark horse. Possibly dangerous to the GFA, but he won't get a deal if he tries to scupper that either, and he knows it.

I am no fan of his (or any of them), but we have to hope that a bit of intelligence, which I believe he has, will prevail. Gove is not BJ. Hopefully he has kept his powder dry and might actually appoint proper negotiators. He may be a bit more pragmatic too. We live in hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Akrasia wrote: »
    Corbyn should be following May out the door following this election. Hopefully

He won’t be going, but their policy on Europe will soon become supremely clear!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ok. With the results pouring in, now might be a good time to relieve the hamsters and move onto a fresh, shiny new thread.

New thread is here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057983802

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement