Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread VIII (Please read OP before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,412 ✭✭✭✭Water John

There is a pic on twitter of almost 20 people around a laptop writing up the document for the leaders, incls Weyand and the Irish Ambassador, no UK rep in the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Am I correct in saying there is no vote of confidence in May until next November? By the Tories alone that is.

judeboy101 wrote: »
    EU blinked big time, erg know EU fear no deal more than UK does. Sad day for the EU. Kudos to the british diplomatic service who played a blinder.

....yeah. That's what happened.

How many times has May said, "We are leaving on 29th March. Whether with a deal or no deal."

The UK got themselves into such a state that even if they left without a deal, the legislation wouldn't even be in place because all HOC time has been taken up with trying to get May's terrible deal passed.

Don't get it wrong, the EU did them a big favour here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Akrasia wrote: »
    2 week extension it is so. That'll be great use, her mv3 is absolutely definitely going to fail. The 2 weeks should be long enough for May to get turfed out of office and the new pm to come crawling back looking for a longer extension. Unless those lunatics over there decide to vote confidence in her again

But who will replace her? Could be a hard brexiter I suppose and No deal becomes a reality

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

put that in your pipe Daily Telegraph journalist lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,957 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sounds to me that if A50 fails again it is withdraw A50 or leave with no transitional arrangement/no deal.

The dates seem to indicate this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

The state of this. They spoke to her, convened then to make a decision. British exceptionalism struggling that smaller countries are in the room and they are not.

https://twitter.com/iainmartin1/status/1108860351720898561

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LittleNicky86

Necro wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I have an extremely morbid curiosity to see how a no deal Brexit would pan out? I can't help being fascinated by the lunacy of it all

No it isn't just you i am the same. I am a Brit living in the ROI. I voted to remain. I would love the smug-ness of watching it all fall apart 😂 i would love to slap every out voter 👊

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

josip wrote: »
    She's trying to make them blink.
    She's playing an absolute stormer.

Well it hasn't worked, has it?

Can we get Tusk over to Ireland and be a Politician for us

Bloody love the man

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's not a two week extension to carry on kicking the can in, a decision has to still be made on the WA before next Friday. The UK just then has a couple of extra weeks to sort their house out before jumping off the cliff. Nothing has really changed other than the EU giving the Commons and the Lords a few extra days to sign some bits of paper off after they make their decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

Sensible and intelligent 16 year old girl on Question Time in Belfast articulated very well the issues that got us to this point.

Then this was followed by a man who said he wanted to leave with no deal, to cheers from other audience members. In Belfast??

At least the clapping for the young girl was louder. BBC mustn’t have been able to find enough plants this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Tusk and Junker should get a netflix comedy special! Some right crackers in that press conference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

May will be gone by the time the UK has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Shelga wrote: »
    Sensible and intelligent 16 year old girl on Question Time in Belfast articulated very well the issues that got us to this point.

Then this was followed by a man who said he wanted to leave with no deal, to cheers from other audience members. In Belfast??

At least the clapping for the young girl was louder. BBC mustn’t have been able to find enough plants this week.

How are you watching question time? I have the view on BBC1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Hell is still empty

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

judeboy101 wrote: »
    EU blinked big time, erg know EU fear no deal more than UK does. Sad day for the EU. Kudos to the british diplomatic service who played a blinder.

This is completely ridiculous and unfounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭RickBlaine

And she will absolutely hate that. She always wanted to be PM when the UK leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The state of this. They spoke to her, convened then to make a decision. British exceptionalism struggling that smaller countries are in the room and they are not.

https://twitter.com/iainmartin1/status/1108860351720898561

He hasn't found a sympathetic ear if those responses are anything to go by

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

BBCNI? It's on after 2300 here for some reason.

• Advertisement

Here's a video of the press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcHb00aQB8s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

I watch BBC London live via a VPN, the BBC NI schedule has Question Time on far too late! :p Clashing with the press conference in Brussels this week though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

If all options quote "are still on the table", does that include renegotiation of WA and backstop?

Or is a case of economical truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,957 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

TM upcoming for response at the podium in Romania. Could be immediate, she could just say fekk it, and leave everyone waiting for her presence.

Oh the boring drama of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Hell is still empty

According to our Pope....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

She could be gone by this time next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    BBCNI? It's on after 2300 here for some reason.

If you get your TV through Sky then you have BBC One NI on channel 141 and BBC One HD is on 976. They have slightly different schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

She went begging for an extension. The EU moulded that request to suit themselves. If prove were needed to illustrate who’s really in the driving seat here that’s it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The EU have also passed the bucked for any eventual no deal to the UK. Essentially the only way a No Deal will now happen is if the UK specifically choose it as an outcome.

The concern is that May appears to have been moving in that direction (although MAYBE that has been a negotiating tactic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus Christ the lads from the north are delusional. A guy talking about getting rights(I'm assuming he was gay ? I didn't catch all of his point) and some lads rambling on about the boogie man in the EU.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement