Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread VIII (Please read OP before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Shelga wrote: »
    I watch BBC London live via a VPN, the BBC NI schedule has Question Time on far too late! :p Clashing with the press conference in Brussels this week though!

I'm listening on BBC five live which broadcast it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus Christ the lads from the north are delusional. A guy talking about getting rights(I'm assuming he was gay ? I didn't catch all of his point) and some lads rambling on about the boogie man in the EU.

NI is an alternate reality. Both economically and socially. Decades of living under subsidies and non politics will do that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

Jesus Christ the lads from the north are delusional. A guy talking about getting rights(I'm assuming he was gay ? I didn't catch all of his point) and some lads rambling on about the boogie man in the EU.

I thought she was a transgender woman?

Anyway, some crazy in a check shirt saying “if we have to, we go WTO”- sweet god, I do not want a united Ireland, I do not want to attempt to share a government with these people. The north is a mess and the best thing we can do is steer clear of it.

road_high wrote: »
    NI is an alternate reality. Both economically and socially. Decades of living under subsidies and non politics will do that

I know sure but you'd think with potentially a terrible situation for the north as an entity would sharpen the focus ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm listening on BBC five live which broadcast it.

:)

• Advertisement

Anyway, some crazy in a check shirt saying “if we have to, we go WTO”- sweet god, I do not want a united Ireland, I do not want to attempt to share a government with these people. The north is a mess and the best thing we can do is steer clear of it.

Sorry I'm listening not watching so I'm only hearing people talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well it hasn't worked, has it?

This is our deadline.

If you don't like that this is your next deadline.

EU have made an error.

Have they forgotten what had happened over the last two years?

NI is such a mess of a “society” I can’t see how you’d marry the south at all with it. It’s going to be a thorn in all our sides indefinitely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

She said "Northern Ireland backstop". Ominous for the DUP.

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    She said "Northern Ireland backstop". Ominous for the DUP.

Speaking as if it’s a reality!

• Advertisement

Theresa May talking I'm assuming live on BBC five live. She's basically setting out what happened earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

She opens banging on about legally binding clarifications on the backstop.

Has not changed her tune one bit on holding her vote next week and it being a success.

One track mind.

My deal.

My deal.

My deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thought May was about to cry just now. She took a gulp of water and recovered slightly.

I know sure but you'd think with potentially a terrible situation for the north as an entity would sharpen the focus ?

No. As long as you can get one up on “them uns “ that’s all that matters!
    Such is the infantile state of NI. It’s not a real economy in any normal sense so economic sanity is way down the priority list

jasper100 wrote: »
    She opens banging on about legally binding clarifications on the backstop.

Has not changed her tune one bit on holding her vote next week and it being a success.

One track mind.

My deal.

My deal.

My deal.
    Did she ? BBC five live cut in as she was speaking so didn't catch the very start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What day will she gone next week? Will she actually make it to MV3?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God I cant stand May's press conferences. It's like you can just record her first one and just play it at every conference going forward.

It's the same ****e just different day

I’ve moved from the headbangers in NI to the headbanger in Brussels who is currently speaking.

Sorry for my short posts, mods, it’s all just moving so quickly though!

Absolutely deranged, all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

what is she writing...whos she is allowing to ask a question?

Headshot wrote: »
    God I cant stand May's press conferences. It's like you can just record her first one and just play it at every conference going forward.

And always same scripted questions from Laura et al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Ah they're not that bad. The BBC probably had weeks to round up some nutters for the show. And they work really hard at getting their quota. They've even been recycling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

She is finally admitting they will have to put forward a new plan if there is no success for her deal next week. Accepting there is another way forward other than her deal or crash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

A bit suspect she is asking specific journalists to ask her questions...

Headshot wrote: »

I agree with you, I can’t watch these anymore, it’s painful and humiliating for the UK. She just drones over and over and over and over about how “my deal is the best deal for the UK”, and throws in several utterances of “let me be quite clear”, when she’s been anything but.

The EU has just made a crucial decision for her. She had absolutely zero power anymore. This is an abysmal failure on every imaginable level.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

and she crossing the names off a list ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

How soon will Scotland have an independence referendum?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,957 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

May made her bed. But she is banging a disastrous drum. Hope she is taking some propranolol to get her through this. That is just a drug to slow the heartrate and anxiety down. Used by lots of people especially those in the public eye/drama/opera etc.

I do not feel one bit sorry for her at all. But I do admire her tenacity. That is all.

She is talking rubbish at the press conference. Sorry but sounds rattled. She is playing to the ERG and nothing else really IMO. The only answer to this is to revoke A50 or get her deal through.

Will of the people ****e again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I have been saying it for a long time but a crash out is inevitable and they want this but also want to blame the EU for the short term disruption it will cause. No Deal here we come. A hard Brexit will be the only acceptable outcome. Arlene Foster has delivered for the DUP and the Brexiteers won the referendum and anything else other than a hard Brexit would be ant-democratic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

jasper100 wrote: »
    She is finally admitting they will have to put forward a new plan if there is no success for her deal next week. Accepting there is another way forward other than her deal or crash out.

I remember when the EU said "This is the deal, no changes"

Now they have invited her to come back with something new.

Err....hello? Have they never met the Brits?

• Advertisement

It’s pre arranged who and what will be asked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement