Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where the hell is my webmail account????

• 13-03-2019 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I've been unable to access my webmail (@eircom.net) account for the last 2 weeks.

When I try to login at webmail.eir.ie, I get the error "The username or password you entered has not been recognised."

I emailed wmsupport@eircom.ie in the 1st of March and got the following response on the 4th : 

In regards to you recent query, there is currently an issue with the eir.ie website that would cause this issue, the issue is currently under investigation. You should be able to access email via the mail2web website. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Tried their suggestion, still no go. Emailed them again on the 6th telling them as much and that this has been going on for a week and asked when this would be fixed. Surprising nobody at all whatsoever, a week late and I haven't received a reply.

Can  someone tell me what the hell is going on??? This is my main email address and have already missed out on things due to not having the ability to retrieve my mail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Have you tried accessing the account from am email client rather than the website? E.g. Outlook  or Thunderbird? A family member is unable to access his account on the website but the same email account (user/pass) works fine in outlook. I didn't believe it until I tried troubleshooting the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

dathomir wrote: »
    I've been unable to access my webmail (@eircom.net) account for the last 2 weeks.

When I try to login at webmail.eir.ie, I get the error "The username or password you entered has not been recognised."

I emailed wmsupport@eircom.ie in the 1st of March and got the following response on the 4th : 

In regards to you recent query, there is currently an issue with the eir.ie website that would cause this issue, the issue is currently under investigation. You should be able to access email via the mail2web website. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Tried their suggestion, still no go. Emailed them again on the 6th telling them as much and that this has been going on for a week and asked when this would be fixed. Surprising nobody at all whatsoever, a week late and I haven't received a reply.

Can  someone tell me what the hell is going on??? This is my main email address and have already missed out on things due to not having the ability to retrieve my mail.
    Hi dathomir, 

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your webmail. 

The only team that can investigate this is our webmail support team. 

They can be contacted using the email address you have been contacting. 

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

they deleted anyone inactive for more than 2 years, 

everyone got an email about it 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    they deleted anyone inactive for more than 2 years, 

everyone got an email about it 
    While that is good to note, the OP has stated it is his/her main email account. I think we can presume they have accessed the account within the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dathomir

Correct. I mainly access it through the web portal webmail.eir.ie but have been getting the error for 2 weeks now.

I got a reply from the webmail support team who basically fobbed me off to the help desk or the 24 hour chat (which is unavailable as I write this - so much for 24 hour!)

Extremely sick of this.

• Advertisement

Have you tried accessing the account from am email client rather than the website? E.g. Outlook  or Thunderbird? A family member is unable to access his account on the website but the same email account (user/pass) works fine in outlook. I didn't believe it until I tried troubleshooting the problem.
    I am unable to retrieve email via my iphone mail app. It says the "mail server webmail.eircom.net is not responding. Verify that you have entered correct account info in Mail settings."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Been having the same problem off and on for a few months now, account disappear s for a period of a few minutes to overnight but thankfully usually reappears for me.

Anyways, try ticking the basic box on the log in page seemed to work for me unless it was coincidence.

Well, was just on to chat support for nearly an hour where he had me reset my password (didn't work)

Then decided that support.business@eircom.net should be the ones to reset my password again and hope that works.

The best part was that I needed to send info in my email with my case number - a recent eir bill (I'm not a customer so thats out!) or info on the last 3 emails I sent/received (I don't know about you but trying to remember 3 emails that were sent or received over 2 weeks ago is a tall ask)

The weird thing is that other eircom.net addresses work just fine on the portal - it just seems to be my main account thats shafted.

I've sent my email so lets see what happens next...

Well, was just on to chat support for nearly an hour where he had me reset my password (didn't work)

Then decided that support.business@eircom.net should be the ones to reset my password again and hope that works.

The best part was that I needed to send info in my email with my case number - a recent eir bill (I'm not a customer so thats out!) or info on the last 3 emails I sent/received (I don't know about you but trying to remember 3 emails that were sent or received over 2 weeks ago is a tall ask)

The weird thing is that other eircom.net addresses work just fine on the portal - it just seems to be my main account thats shafted.

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you. 

An agent from our webmail team will respond to your email. 

Thanks
    Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

While I think eir is one of the worst companies in Ireland to deal with and has been so as far back as I can remember why would you expect them to provide support to someone who isn't a customer and why should they even let you have a free email address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have enough of this, losing access at some point most days now.

Grainne how do you suggest we email without access to our accounts? Typical scripted response there

Gael23 wrote: »
    I have enough of this, losing access at some point most days now.

Grain how do you suggest we email without access to our accounts? Typical scripted response there
    Hi Gael23, 

You can also contact our technical team on 1890260260 who will be able to assist with your webmail. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Can you do that when you are not an Eir customer apart from webmail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Gael23 wrote: »
    Can you do that when you are not an Eir customer apart from webmail?
    Hi Gael23

Yes you can.

Many thanks

Linzi

Advertisement