Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Require some Clarifications

• 13-03-2019 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Quick question or two to get some clarification on. I rather get this information here rather than spend 60+ minutes playing the phone tag with the 'loyalty department' on the phone.

My current contract situation. I'm out of contract on the broadband and thus on a rolling contract with that. Also on my account are two separate 30-day sim-only contract plans for myself and my wife. I want to cancel the two 30-day sim-only contract plans. Yes, I know you guys can't do that here. However, I want to get clarification that cancelling them does not equate to a change to my overall plan and cause the broadband contract to 'reset' - as has been the case when certain changes were made to the contract in the past. I don't want to extend that as a new provider is installing new lines in my estate and my intention is to move to them once they are all sorted.

Also, while I have you - if I do go ahead with the cancellation of the 30-day sim-only contracts, as the main account holder, can I cancel both at the same time. Or would it be necessary for my wife to call separately to cancel the contract for her phone, despite them all under the one roof. Again, just want to know this now so that I can plan ahead and have her beside me if I'm making this call to do any verification rather than have her having to play phone-tag with you guys as well as me.

- RacersEdge 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

racersedge wrote: »
    Quick question or two to get some clarification on. I rather get this information here rather than spend 60+ minutes playing the phone tag with the 'loyalty department' on the phone.

My current contract situation. I'm out of contract on the broadband and thus on a rolling contract with that. Also on my account are two separate 30-day sim-only contract plans for myself and my wife. I want to cancel the two 30-day sim-only contract plans. Yes, I know you guys can't do that here. However, I want to get clarification that cancelling them does not equate to a change to my overall plan and cause the broadband contract to 'reset' - as has been the case when certain changes were made to the contract in the past. I don't want to extend that as a new provider is installing new lines in my estate and my intention is to move to them once they are all sorted.

Also, while I have you - if I do go ahead with the cancellation of the 30-day sim-only contracts, as the main account holder, can I cancel both at the same time. Or would it be necessary for my wife to call separately to cancel the contract for her phone, despite them all under the one roof. Again, just want to know this now so that I can plan ahead and have her beside me if I'm making this call to do any verification rather than have her having to play phone-tag with you guys as well as me.

- RacersEdge 
    Hi racersedge

You can indeed cancel your 30 day sim plans without this effecting your contract.  You will be able to do both mobiles at the same time as they are both in your name, so there is no need for your wife to call us. 

Many thanks

Linzi

Advertisement