Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this "30 day rolling contract" actually a 12 month contract?

• 13-03-2019 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

Edit: issue now sorted. Apparently email is automated and I can disregard it.

I signed up for "eir mobile connect 30 Day" sim-only plan yesterday.

No where on the landing page does it say this is a 12 month contract: https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/ In fact it says the complete opposite with text such as "Break free with a 30 day SIM only plan" and "30 day rolling contract".

I got an email this morning confirming my order however here's what it says:

VQrsDSB.png

Can you confirm the contract length for this '30 day' contract is actually 12 months? If so, this is extremely misleading at best and false advertising at worst.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

smemon wrote: »
    I signed up for "eir mobile connect 30 Day" sim-only plan yesterday.

No where on the landing page does it say this is a 12 month contract: https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/ In fact it says the complete opposite with text such as "Break free with a 30 day SIM only plan" and "30 day rolling contract".

I got an email this morning confirming my order however here's what it says:

VQrsDSB.png

Can you confirm the contract length for this '30 day' contract is actually 12 months? If so, this is extremely misleading at best and false advertising at worst.
    Hi smemon

Can you pm me the following details please and I will check your account. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks ~

Linzi 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Hi Linzi, I'd prefer not to take this to DM and would appreciate a public response to the question to educate future customers of Eir who may have the same question.

For the avoidance of doubt, let's assume a new customer with no existing Eir accounts / services wants to sign up for the "eir mobile connect - 30 day" plan: https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/

If signing up to that plan, will they be signing up to a 12 month contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi Linzi, I'd prefer not to take this to DM and would appreciate a public response to the question to educate future customers of Eir who may have the same question.

For the avoidance of doubt, let's assume a new customer with no existing Eir accounts / services wants to sign up for the "eir mobile connect - 30 day" plan: https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/

Hi smemon

I needed the details of your account to take a look and make sure there was no mistake made with the order.  I can publicly confirm that a 30 day sim only plan does not tie you into a 12 month contract.

Regards

Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi smemon

I needed the details of your account to take a look and make sure there was no mistake made with the order.  I can publicly confirm that a 30 day sim only plan does not tie you into a 12 month contract.

Regards

Linzi
    Linzi,

It might be a good idea to change the paper contracts and the online accounts which both state 12 months for a 30 day contract. If the systems can't understand a 12 month contract they shouldn't say anything. This is an issue for a long time now...….

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Davy wrote: »
    Linzi,

It might be a good idea to change the paper contracts and the online accounts which both state 12 months for a 30 day contract. If the systems change understand a 12 month contract they shouldn't say anything. This is an issue for a long time now...….

Had the same query about 3 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I signed up back in August to a '30 day SIM only plan' but when I log in to my eir, I see a 12 month contract, yet when i ask eir chat what's going on they say it's a 30 day SIM only plan, who do ya trust?

Cowboys Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Davexirl wrote: »

I signed up back in August to a '30 day SIM only plan' but when I log in to my eir, I see a 12 month  contract, yet when i ask eir chat what's going on they say it's a 30 day SIM only plan, who do ya trust?

Cowboys Ted
    Hi Davexirl, 

Due to an error, the welcome email that is sent to customers that have signed up to a SIM Only Plan the email is advising that the contract is 12 months. 

This information is incorrect. 

If you signed a rolling 30-day contract you can disregard the email that says 12-month contract. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement