Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does wifi calling work in Northern Ireland, Europe, US?

• 13-03-2019 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

I can't find a clear answer on whether wifi calling works when abroad. Can I use this in Northern Ireland where there's areas of no cell coverage? Same applies to mainland Europe and US?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Hi,

I can't find a clear answer on whether wifi calling works when abroad. Can I use this in Northern Ireland where there's areas of no cell coverage? Same applies to mainland Europe and US?

Thanks
    I regularly use Eir WiFi calling abroad. It works anywhere in the world if you have decent WiFi. It is a compelling feature of the Eir service. 

Vodafone Ireland have recently launched a much inferior service, which is geo-blocked to Republic of Ireland. All the UK services are geo-blocked to UK. 

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

I flew Jetblue internal flight in the US last year and used their free onboard wifi for wifi calling and rang my parents back home in Ireland from 36,000 feet in the sky as if I was across the road and at zero cost... very happy with eir & wifi calling :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi krazymuthafuka, 

Yes, I can confirm that wifi calling can be used anywhere in the world. 

You can find more details of wifi calling here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

Great, thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Great, thanks all!
    No problem. 

Glad to help. Post here if we can help in the future. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement