Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Water wayleave

• 13-03-2019 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

hi,
    my friend has an water main running under the back garden of their house and have been told they cant build any sheds or anything within the regulatory wayleave, does anyone know the size of wayleave for a water main serving substantial area, i think the water main may be circa 600mm and been there for years
    any info would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Wayleaves come in different sizes. Have the deeds got any info on the width of the wayleave. If you ask IW they will want bells and whistles. Have seen them from 5m up to 12m wide, each site is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

rayjdav wrote: »
    Wayleaves come in different sizes. Have the deeds got any info on the width of the wayleave. If you ask IW they will want bells and whistles. Have seen them from 5m up to 12m wide, each site is different.

Hi nothing on the deeds, the pipe is not even on the folio map. I see Irish water have a code of practise issued 2017 which has recommended distances .
    I presume they will be guided by that.

But you said that it was there for years. The CoP is for all new works only. As I said if you approach IW they will want the biggest possible wayleave they can get whereby there must be something somewhere on paper that states that the pipe exists and the required wayleave to be left?
    600mm is one serious watermains?? This is hardly in an estate? Usually 100/150mm max in housing areas. You sure its not just a storm pipe. Even sounds MASSIVE for a foul sewer.
    Who said they cant build over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dicey1

hi I know this a new comment from old conversation but do you know where I could view code of practise issued 2017 by Irish water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Advertisement

Advertisement