Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit executed twice in error

• 13-03-2019 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

I had an odd thing happen recently, and wonder has anyone experienced the same.

I have a monthly standing order which sends a fixed amount from an account at one bank to an account at another on the same day every month. Both accounts are in my name. This has been running now for several years.

I have just noticed that at the start of this month this transaction was executed twice, one right after the other. On the next banking day one of these payments appeared back on my account, i.e. to correct the error. But, when I check the account which received the money, the payment is still there twice. I don't check these accounts so often, hence the money has been sitting there for nearly 2 weeks now.

I will of course send this money back, but I'm somehow just surprised that the bank which made the error did not contact me over the last weeks to discuss this.

Has anyone else experienced something along the same lines?

Advertisement