Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice On Parts For A New ITXBuild

Options
  • 13-03-2019 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hey guys
    i am after receiving a cpu from a friend of mine for a low cost (i9 7940x-BUILD BELOW) and i am looking to order parts ASAP , the only problem is i game on my PS4/Xbox One for most titles and will only use this rig for the odd Strategy Games (Football Manager) which will run on 5 stars with the onboard GPU , and some photoshopping,so i am looking for advice on a GPU (NOTE* cant be longer than 330mm) for this build and also a good 27 inch 4k gaming monitor.

CASE: Streacon DA2
    PSU:Silverstone SFX800
    MB:ASRock X299E -ITX
    CPU: i9 7940x
    MEM:Corsair Vengeance 64GB SODimm 2666
    AIO: Kraken X62
    SSD:Samsung Evo 970 500GB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

i9-7940X doesn't have an iGPU so I'm not sure where you're thinking of Football Manager running.

I'm confused, your friend sold you the CPU only?
    Which parts do you have already?

Also the Streacom DA2 is frankly too small for build recommendations. If you received that, I'd sell it/give it back & get a larger case to more easily accomodate a gaming rig.

Finally, what's your overall budget?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bzVdvmb4jCohQz0xPN1_3cLXCPvMkPmIPv28D7Cr7s8/edit#gid=1094936222

Guide from r/sffpc

Anyway, i9-7940X at 165W TDP is simply not recommended for a SFF PC.

Go micro-ATX at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Techlit

cheers mate , i just have the cpu , think i might sell it on Adverts

Good choice.

You'd be grand with a 9600K / 9700K i5-8400, or Ryzen + cheap GPU to be honest.

Advertisement