Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern Munich (0) vs Liverpool (0), Rd of 16 2nd Leg, VM Sport & BT Sport 2, 8pm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

TAA has some peg on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

...and game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

2vyzol.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Great goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Salah far too selfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Salah never passes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Once again, Salah annoyingly being too honest for his own good. Just go down for the penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

monkey9 wrote: »
    Once again, Salah annoyingly being too honest for his own good. Just go down for the penalty.

But but but he's a diver ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Bayern have been brutal

Liverpool get tougher games in the PL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Bayern not quite at the required level, Liverpool comfortable enough. Bayern need a couple of new star players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What a ball

Mane again. He's the new Salah, isn't he?

3-1 Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

flazio wrote: »
    Game over

Couldn't agree more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool with a very professional away game in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Fully deserved victory for Liverpool. Bayern Munich were clueless, Liverpool handled them with ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Cross of the season from Mo

That ball

tenor.gif

That's two of Europe's top clubs, Real Madrid and Bayern, who need major rebuilding this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

An English club is going to win the CL this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

An English club is going to win the CL this year

Who play their home games in red shirts. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well done to Liverpool. Bayern have been abysmal, but you can only beat who you're up against. Which Liverpool have done comfortably. 4 English sides in the last 8, a great achievement.

Good professional performance from Liverpool, albeit frustratingly poor at times further up the field when giving away cheap possession.

Bayern are pure muck. Really think they lost this tie at Anfield where they hardly attempted to win the game and were delighted with the nil all draw. I've no idea why, we were missing VVD so could have been there for the taking and was a chance for them to get some away goals. I was very confident after the nil nil that we'd get through to the next round. They were there for the taking.

Porto in the next round please. Pair the Manc clubs together and put Spurs up against Juve or Barca thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

Amazingly easy for Liverpool, they didn't have to get out of second gear.

No heart in that Bayern side at all. Martinez plays like a 50 year old, Ribery plays like his age, and James looks like nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

"Munich have the look of a team that needs an overhaul. "

Fletch is devo'd.

Very comfortable.

Liverpool played well without being spectacular.

Fair play to Liverpool. Went to a Bayern team in form and comprehensively beat them. Their defence will be tough for any team to crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Pool are absolutely magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

**** off Rummenigge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Liverpool did everything right in the second half, just slowed Bayern down and negated them completely. It looked like Bayern had run out of belief even before Liverpool got their second.

Salah's cross for the third is just unbelievable. It looked like kind of a poked lob, but still had pace on it. Amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Damning indictment of German football. Schalke, Dortmund and Bayern go out without a whimper, soundly beaten.

NIMAN wrote: »
    That's two of Europe's top clubs, Real Madrid and Bayern, who need major rebuilding this summer.

Probably Mourinho's next club i would guess.

If bayern think José is the answer, they are in a worse state than I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

monkey9 wrote: »

They'd never tolerate Mourinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

monkey9 wrote:

No chance they'd listen to him.
    Pre Zidane I was really hoping he was going to be unveiled at Real, in a nearby hotel just waiting for his lift to the press conference & then Wenger swoops in to get the gig until the end of the season. I'd die laughing at that scenario.

I do think Bayern, PSG, Real & even Atletico need a bit of work. That's the real story of this round of fixtures how bad of a state those sides are in.
    The latter have brought in a lot who haven't really improved them yet; like Diego Costa, Lemar, Morata, Gelson Martins & Kalanic.

ERG89 wrote: »
    No chance they'd listen to him.
    Pre Zidane I was really hoping he was going to be unveiled at Real, in a nearby hotel just waiting for his lift to the press conference & then Wenger swoops in to get the gig until the end of the season. I'd die laughing at that scenario.

I do think Bayern, PSG, Real & even Atletico need a bit of work. That's the real story of this round of fixtures how bad of a state those sides are in.
    The latter have brought in a lot who haven't really improved them yet; like Diego Costa, Lemar, Morata, Gelson Martins & Kalanic.

I think to be honest a lot of that is down to their tactics.

If the team was cut loose a bit, get more adventurous then I think they would be a lot better.

You can combine hard work and organised defending with a bit more attacking.

Advertisement