Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this email genuine?

Options
  • 13-03-2019 9:29pm

Hi folks - I received the below email from info@boimail.com.

Is it genuine or a scam? I haven't received any hard-copy post.

Thanks.

Important: We need your up-to-date photo ID and proof of address

Customer reference number: [Redacted by Boards.ie user]

Dear Customer,

I am contacting you in relation to Bank of Ireland’s obligations under Irish and EU law on customer identification. Like all financial institutions, we are obliged to hold up-to-date identification documentation for all our customers. To help meet this requirement, I’d appreciate it very much if, within the next 30 days, you could send us a copy of your photo identification (in date) and proof of current address (dated in the last six months). Please see the types of Photo ID and Proof of Address documents we accept.

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fboimedia.customerminds.com%2Ffiles%2F1923%2FImage%2F2018%2520Images%2FApril%2FOMI018963%2520GDPR_icon_1.jpg&d=2019-03-13T20%3A13%3A53.626Z

Why we need copies of your ID documents
    As mentioned above, we’re required by Irish and EU law to have up-to-date identification documentation for all customers. If our information for you isn’t accurate, it will affect your ability to bank with us in the future. Getting your documents to us now will help to avoid that.

The customer identity information you send us will cover all banking products you hold across the BOI Group. Where necessary, this information may also be used to cover any insurance or pension products you hold with the BOI Group.

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fboimedia.customerminds.com%2Ffiles%2F1923%2FImage%2F2018%2520Images%2FApril%2FOMI018963%2520GDPR_icon_3.jpg&d=2019-03-13T20%3A13%3A53.641Z

How do you send us your documents?
    Online: Upload your documents securely online, either on your desktop or mobile, through our upload hub at
    www.bankofireland.com/MyID

At any convenient branch: Bring this email and copies of your documents, to any BoI branch.

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fboimedia.customerminds.com%2Ffiles%2F1923%2FImage%2F2018%2520Images%2FMay%2FOMI019595-magnifying_glass_icon.png&d=2019-03-13T20%3A13%3A53.642Z

How do you find out more?
    For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section on www.bankofireland.com/MyIDFAQ Alternatively, you can phone us on 0818 200 399.

Please be assured that Bank of Ireland takes your privacy very seriously. Your information will be used in accordance with the Bank’s Data Privacy Notice. See our website at www.bankofireland.com/privacy for more information.

Thank you in advance for your prompt help with this request. I look forward to receiving a copy of your documentation.

Thank you,

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fboimedia.customerminds.com%2Ffiles%2F1923%2FImage%2F2018%2520Images%2FApril%2FOMI018963%2520GDPR_signature.jpg&d=2019-03-13T20%3A13%3A53.647Z

Joe Madigan LIB QFA
    Head of Customer Data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hi folks - I received the below email from info@boimail.com.

Is it genuine or a scam? I haven't received any hard-copy post.

Thanks.

Hi The DativeCase,

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]We are currently requesting up to date Photo ID and proof of address from our customers as per Irish and EU law. We can confirm that this email you have received is legitimate. In future, if you are unsure of any email you have received claiming to be from bank of Ireland, you can forward it on to [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]365security@boi.com and we will be happy to verify it for you.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Many Thanks.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]John[/font]

Advertisement