Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stillhopeful this is your thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrspoon1975

I’m finally here! Jesus I used to be tech savvy but I couldn’t post for ages cause I hadn’t verified the account...gobsh*te 😂

Hoping your legs have gone down a bit, and the BP 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 30 egav

I've moved on too.. lol
    Been following your RC thread from the start but never commented.... wishing you all the luck in the world...

This baby is going to have some amount of virtual godmother's..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stillhopeful

Hi ladies, swelling still there and quite uncomfortable but doctor said it's part and parcel of preeclampsia and baby and I are perfectly safe so I'll keep going. Baby had the hiccups again while ago as if to tell me they're doing ok. My dh is predicting a paddys day baby!!! I've been getting a couple of random cramps this morning too but that could be anything.
    I'm hoping to visit the neonatal unit this fternoon again as we haven't been there since 24weeks and obviously you'd hope a 32 weekend is a different scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Good luck still hopeful , thinking of you x

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Silver Lining

Hi stillhopeful, I hope you get to visit the nicu today. as you already guessed there is a huge difference between a 24 weeker and a 32 weeker. Your baby is much stronger now. You and your baby are in the best possible hands. Try to get as much rest as possible. we're thinking of you xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Nadsake

Took me ages to register - hence the sake at the end of my name, thinking of you stillhopeful and willing you on, 32 weeks! Fantastic xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Hi Stillhopeful. I've been lurking on Rollercoaster and following your progress. Delighted to see the 32 week point is here. Praying and thinking of you every day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Holy moly... I'm not on Rollercoaster, I've never posted in the pregnancy forum on Boards, and although I don't know anywhere near the full story here, by gawd I'm rooting for you too stillhopeful :D
    Sounds like you've been in the wars and through some worrying times, but you're in good hands and doing well.
    I'm following this thread now, so even if baba hasn't arrived before rollercoaster is back up, pleeeease will you update here?
    All the very best :)
    *so exciting* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

DBB wrote: »
    Holy moly... I'm not on Rollercoaster, I've never posted in the pregnancy forum on Boards, and although I don't know anywhere near the full story here, by gawd I'm rooting for you too stillhopeful :D
    Sounds like you've been in the wars and through some worrying times, but you're in good hands and doing well.
    I'm following this thread now, so even if baba hasn't arrived before rollercoaster is back up, pleeeease will you update here?
    All the very best :)
    *so exciting* :D

That’s exactly me except I have used this forum in Happy and sad times. It’s such a lovely thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rubyslippers

Genius whoever thought of moving the thread to here! Have been following your story with admiration for you, you have really reached a milestone and are on the homestretch now, thinking of you and your baby and sending you every good wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Darcy2

Hello?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Darcy2

Oh yeah it worked. Phew. Well you are just the loveliest bunch of girls. For all the rows that happen the best of RC really come out at times like this. Stillhopeful, woke up thinking about you this morning, 32 weeks , what a milestone. You’ll get there. Hope you’re feeling better as the day has gone on.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I’m not on Rollercoaster but saw this thread and just wanted to pop in and wish you the very best of luck <3 hoping everything goes well for you and your little one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BluesRLM

My dd will be 13 in st Patrick’s Day, she says it’s poo having your birthday then and you should wait til Easter so the baby can get Easter eggs as birthday presents LOL

Can imagine the Boards Mod char group.
    Why have we had 100 new members this morning?
    Oh that’s just the crazy ladies from rollercoaster coming to make sure one of them doesn’t go into labour whilst their website is down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

BluesRLM wrote: »
    My dd will be 13 in st Patrick’s Day, she says it’s poo having your birthday then and you should wait til Easter so the baby can get Easter eggs as birthday presents LOL

Can imagine the Boards Mod char group.
    Why have we had 100 new members this morning?
    Oh that’s just the crazy ladies from rollercoaster coming to make sure one of them doesn’t go into labour whilst their website is down.

Stay, plenty of lovely crazy ladies here too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daydreamer33

Stillhopeful, I was following you since December on Rollercoaster but never posted! I wanted to make sure I came and wished you luck just incase! Thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BluesRLM

Stay, plenty of lovely crazy ladies here too lol

Ah look ladies, I’ve got us a permanent invitation.

Thanks mirrorwall14, not had the chance to nose around yet but will do so later !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crazyhorse2019

Crazyhorse here, checked in on you a few times still rooting for you behind the scenes. True the place (rollercoaster) can be very bitchy altogether but I am glad everyone is being so supportive of you. Wish you and your little family all the best xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

This thread is lovely to read! Maybe it’s my hormones! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Streamers2

It took me awhile but finally figured it out. Hi stillhopeful hope you're doing ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Streamers2

Will have to have a look at boards now that I'm here, hello crazyhorse, it's been awhile☺

Hi Streamers 😠hope all is good.

Cant work out the smilies, if anyone wanted to start a chat thread, all friendly of course because I wouldnt want to derail this?

Just back from neonatal, dh had to collect dd so I went by myself. Just had a big cry for myself when I came back, more of that mothers guilt, thinking about what this lo has ahead of itself and feeling bad that it's my body not doing a good enough job thats putting this precious lo through it all but also grateful it's been spared 8weeks of life down there. The lovely care assistant peeked in on me behind my curtain as she knows I never close them and has spent the last half hour sitting chatting and the midwife came in and joined us, and they just cheered me right up, I'm so blessed with the care I receive here the genuine caring of the staff just astounds me.
    Anyway back to neonatal, the prospects look good about how long the baby will even need the real intensive care And big incubators and feeding tubes and apparently by 34 weeks the baby should be showing interest in actual feeding and thankfully breast feeding is totally encouraged as that's quite important to me as I think it'll help with bonding as much as anything.
    Hope everyone's having a good afternoon.

I'm so slow at posting here I crossed with lots of people. Thanks for all the lovely words, is it strange that you all know more about my day to day progress than my actual family, apart from dh of course. They just annoy me when they ring or text so I just update sporadically.

You have nothing to feel guilty about. You have done everything you have been told and you are the reason the baby is still staying put and made it to 32 weeks.

Crazyhorse chat away, I'm not the possessive type &#55358;&#56611;&#55358;&#56611;

Haha thanks Stillhopeful, I appreciate it, I actually miss the interaction with most of you x

Crazyhorse,I can see that guilt is a wasted emotion in my situation as it's not like I did anything to cause the issue but you know how you just love your baby so much that you want to protect them from everything and not let anything in the world ever harm them and knowing it's my body is the reason they'll be suffering afterwards breaks my heart.

• Advertisement

Why don't you post anymore crazyhorse?? Did I miss something while consumed by my own situation?

Advertisement