Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stillhopeful this is your thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crazyhorse2019

I get you, it is easy for others to tell you how to feel but sometimes we just cant help it.

A certain poster came at me from nowhere accusing me of abandoning my kids because I posted on rc, I called her out got a temp ban for no reason so left.

To be honest I was a bit sick of the place, it can be great and threads like this prove it, but there are a few nasty bitter people on there and the moderation is a joke.

But that is not for this thread, this is all about you and the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bored2019

Hi stillhopeful, I had to pop across and check in on you. Try not to be hard on yourself, especially today. What a huge achievement getting to 32 weeks. sending lots of love x

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Streamers2

Stillhopeful you are doing everything in your power for this baby. All you have been through, yet your only thought is for this little one. He/she is very lucky to have you be their side and if baby has a quarter of his mama determination and fighting spirit then he/she will be just fine. Keep your spirits up, I know that's so hard when you have been through so much but if anyone can do it you can.xxx

Well I for one miss you crazyhorse, I might not always agree with some of your views but I respected your point of view. Sorry you felt you had to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crazyhorse2019

Thanks Streamers, I do appreciate that, I also respect and appreciate that everyone has different views. I might have been firey in some areas but I would not personally attack anyone or be nasty or smarmy for no reason, people forget that there are real people behind the name sometimes xx.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stillhopeful

I missed all the drama around that crazyhorse!!
    Streamers I think my spirits are doing ok today apart from my little upset re the neonatal stuff. Today's a big day and I'm happy to be here but of course it's be better to be home and having a normal pregnancy but hey ho maybe next time!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Curiosity got the better of me and I came in here for a snoop.
    What a lovely thread.
    Sending you every good wish Stillhopeful.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I've just discovered this thread by accident but what a heartwarming read. You are all very welcome to Boards :)

How inconsiderate of Rollercoaster to close for maintenance on your important weekend, Stillhopeful! :pac: Boards will be up and running for the weekend so you are all more than welcome to continue posting here.

Best of luck with baby, hopefully all goes well when he/she decide it's time to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 newlady2019

managed to join too - congrats on 32 weeks stillhopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SOS1975

maybe next time!!!

You are wicked lol

The NICU is the best and worst place to be but it’s the last stop before ye get home and start life as a family of four.

Parenting is definitely a rollercoaster but you’ve been given a few extra loops, hang on tight you’re nearly there x

• Registered Users Posts: 17 allysangel

Phew, made it in ! Stillhopeful great to see you’re still here x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dnwa

Good women stillhopeful and bump !
    Id say your getting some lols from all our madness 😂

It reminds me of the tread a few years back on r.c of the lady having quads .

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Got here just about, your doing such a good job. Think we'll have to order tissues for when this little one arrives we'll all be in floods of tears with joy for you both

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Divadaisy

Woohoo managed to get here too! Great news today still hopeful - delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Streamers2

I remember one day feeling very sorry for myself, it was about my 6th week in hospital and i was just feeling down. I always remember a cleaner came in and actually said to me. 'Enjoy the peace and quiet. Get as much rest as you can because in a few weeks you'll be up half the night and you'll have your hands full'. It actually made realise that in a few more weeks everything would be so different and her words cheered me up. Up to then I was getting loads of ' I don't know how you do it', which made me feel worse. And she was right a few weeks after that I was up doing night feeds, wishing for sleep. So rest up while you can xx

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I hope you don’t mind me popping in too, I just wanted to extend a warm welcome to all the ‘new arrivals’, I hope you stay around when the rollercoaster that is Rollercoaster is back online.

It’s so lovely to come in here and sit around the peripherals of your lovely journeys and see how you are looking out for one another making sure you have a new safe space to be together.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

I didnt follow this on rc just see it here..you are one strong lady. Amazing. Which hospital are u in? My last baby wad in NICU for a while and like other poster said its the worst place but best place to be. They are amazing there snd will mind both you and baby xx

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Awww, this is lovely Stillhopeful, and all of your lovely supporters. You guys are going to have to post here and on RC when it's back up, you can't leave us hanging!

Best of luck to you now, sounds like you're doing an amazing job, and try enjoy the rest!xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sinenic

Happy 32 weeks Stillhopeful. You are doing amazing. So happy you reached this milestone. Roll on the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Babs13

You did it!! There is no doubt in my mind that this will be a happy ending .
    You're a fantastic woman for holding yourself together through all the ups and downs. This little person's whole life has benefited so much from your efforts

How's the pre eclampsia?/ gd/ mental health doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Babs13

Dreading the changes to rollercoaster btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 1Hortensia

Hi it’s Jammy here, the little man at the back end of the “boards” technology didn’t want me to be Jammy so I have become Hortensia instead. I feel quite liberated.

Congrats on making it to 32 weeks stillhopeful - it’s an amazing journey that you are on, not least a massive gang of strangers moving over to a totally new discussion board because we couldn’t bear 24 hours of no updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Catherine8

I didn't think I'd ever male it here but I did...minus a bit of my eyebrow but that's another story. Stillhopeful you are so,so strong,as is your baby. I hope when RC is back up they will have made your thread a sticky. Your baby is a "sticky" by all accounts and I mean that in the best possible way :-) Thirty two weeks...Hallelujah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 1Hortensia

Ah tell us about the eyebrow Catherine...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

I'm not on RC but was touched by the support for you. You are one strong Mama. You are doing great. I had a 32 weeker in 2017. I went into spontaneous labour. We spent 3 weeks in NICU before going home with a 100% healthy baby who got discharged from the hospital when he turned one.

I'm not sure if you want to breastfeed buts it's possible. My hospital gave me 2 knitted squares. One to stay with me and one to stay in the incubator and then swap over. This really helped me with all the expressing. My only advice is to find out when the consultants do their rounds for the day and make sure you have somebody with at first if possible as there will be good days and bad as all the plans for your baby will be made during these rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 siobhanorourke

Hi stillhopeful,

Hope all is going well.
    This site is quite hard to navigate. All ye boards.ie broads will have to register with rollercoaster.ie to keep up with the news and become part of our usually v
    supportive , often daft and occasionally bitchy on line community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

This so beats the sunshine,lollipops & rainbows forum :)

Not on rollercoaster but years ago was on the TTC forum on Wol I remember one weekend the whole website went down and loads of girls joined the exodus to some other website so they could continue the conversation.
    It was great!

Wishing you the very best and hope all goes well in the coming days x

Yes Catherine tell us about the eyebrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well done on making the big mile stone today. Never thought I'd be over here on boards! Keep hanging on in there stillhopeful x

Thanks everyone for the positivity and kind words. I'm actually pretty ok this evening, had a 2 hour nap after my tea, then my favourite brother called for a visit for 2 hours so I've just come back to my room and have my very large ugly Fiona the ogre feet resting. A few times today I've had some little cramping things going on and when I told the midwife she decided to put me on a monitor to see was it contractions but it wasn't thankfully so I reckon baby might be getting further down into the birth canal as although they're head down it's nowhere near engaged. I'll only be allowed a natural delivery if it happens by itself which isn't very likely I don't think but it'd be so much simpler than a c section recovery wise when it comes to driving and visiting the little peanut in neonatal.
    Anyone know what time Rc is back up tomorrow??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Catherine8

1Hortensia wrote: »
    Ah tell us about the eyebrow Catherine...
    Am on a very early flight out tomorrow morning Hortensia and am wrecked...so I decided to use a lazy and less painful way to shape my eyebrows....using DH's beard trimmer. Yes I can hear you yelling at me! It's why I don't groom my own dogs anymore...they used to look like roadkill when I was finished with them.I look ridiculous :-/

Advertisement