Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stillhopeful this is your thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stillhopeful

Catherine, you're too funny!!! Nothing ever goes smoothly, me and pregnancy is almost equal to you and life lol.
    Hope you're off somewhere lovely, I'm jealous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 siobhanorourke

Jesus Catherine when will the madness end???
    Your eyebrows are grand.
    Have a great holiday.

Relax and rejuvenate
    Xx

Hi ladies, I can't sleep despite being exhausted there's a new lady came into the room today and the poor thing was a bit stressed and upset. They think she has preeclampsia and she wasn't expecting admission at all and had to get the steroids for the baby and can't relax or cool down so I've just spent 2 hours sat with the poor lady next to my bed with the window wide open while she was trying to cool herself with a face cloth and some iced water. I was just chatting with her and trying to distract her the poor pet so she's after cooling down a bit now and is gone away into bed but my restless legs have been going mad for the last half hour so I'm heading out now for a walk and then I'll try to get into bed and get an hours sleep before my checks and blood tests at 6am. Fingers crossed for good blood results tomorrow and that the scan will be good too. Nighty night ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Catherine8

Awh stillhopeful,that lady will remember you,so kind of you. Hope you get some rest today and respite from your restless legs xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Galwaygran

What a thoughtful, kind woman you are, supporting your cellmate whilst going through so much yourself - but knowing you as we all do now, it's really no surprise. I hope you did eventually get some sleep? You continue to inspire with your courage and determination, we Rollercoasters are as excited about this baby as if it were part of our own family. Happy Friday to you Stillhopeful ( and your cellmate.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 siobhanorourke

Good morning stillhopeful. Not that long since you were worried and in need of comfort and now you are already using your experience to comfort someone else. You have a good heart.
    Hope the blood tests are good.
    My niece who is 35 weeks pregnant has just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and found out that they got baby's gender wrong and she is so low. I sent her details of your RC thread so she could follow you and maybe take inspiration from your journey. She is young and this is her first baby.

Anyway talk later

Take care
    Siobhan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Hi ladies, I can't sleep despite being exhausted there's a new lady came into the room today and the poor thing was a bit stressed and upset. They think she has preeclampsia and she wasn't expecting admission at all and had to get the steroids for the baby and can't relax or cool down so I've just spent 2 hours sat with the poor lady next to my bed with the window wide open while she was trying to cool herself with a face cloth and some iced water. I was just chatting with her and trying to distract her the poor pet so she's after cooling down a bit now and is gone away into bed but my restless legs have been going mad for the last half hour so I'm heading out now for a walk and then I'll try to get into bed and get an hours sleep before my checks and blood tests at 6am. Fingers crossed for good blood results tomorrow and that the scan will be good too. Nighty night ladies.

That is lovely of you and ye will remember that moment in years to come long after the restless legs and the tiredness have passed. Well done to you and fingers crossed for you for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BluesRLM

Good morning all.
    Aw stillhopeful you’ll miss having a sort of team mate, although dh will be the best team mate.
    We’ve had a lovely welcome here from everyone, you’re inspiring so many people with your strength.
    Happy Friday ladies x

Ah ladies you'd want to be an awful old bag to ignore someone in distress, she was just scared and who wouldn't be?? She hadn't a clue what was going on around her she was roasting but was keeping all the curtains closed so had no air flow the poor pet& she didn't want to annoy the midwife asking for another jug of water so I've told her now where they're kept and if they're not there what to do so at least she won't be dehydrated!! She has nausea too in the mornings so she just had a few dry crackers this morning that I have in my locker and I told her get the dh to make her a little snack box of things she can cope with for snacking on and of course a supply of treats for the tough days.
    Anyway my doctor was in and he says I'm holding my own so no baby today!!!
    Happy Friday ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Silver Lining

Hi Stillhopeful,

You are so kind to be looking after your roommate. It must be so reassuring for her to have you there. I hope you managed to get some sleep. Good luck with the scan and bloods today. xxx

• Advertisement

Blues after 26 team mates here I'm ready to get home to the best team ever lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Babs13

Wow she'll never forget that

How's dh getting on with sorting the baby stuff.

Babs this journey has been a learning curve for me and journey to accept that I can't control every aspect of life. I've now accepted I won't be having a full term baby and that means I'll be home and we can take care of all that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 garybaldy

Hi Stillhopeful I'm so glad I found you! (Evergreen here) I'm so glad that you've passed the magic 32 week mark and baby's still holding on! How lovely of you to help your new roommate like that - you're a veteran in there by now of course! I know someone had already suggested this, but I will second it, you should print out your RC (and this) thread and put away with all the precious baby stuff and you can show her/him when older what a journey they had before they were even born! Your poor feet must be so sore. My feet & ankles swelled terribly in the final weeks of my last pregnancy, for the last 6 weeks I could only wear flip flops and I was so uncomfortable. That was just 'normal' pregnancy swelling so I can't imagine how sore and uncomfortable you must be feeling. Glad you enjoyed the visit from your brother, and I'm sure you're looking forward to seeing your little DD later. Mind yourself and keep posting!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 7 garybaldy

also, thanks to GalwayGrrrrrl for starting this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Streamers2

Ah your very good stillhopeful.

Well dh is in the bad books this morning!! He forgot to put dds Patrick's day outfit on this morning and he only just realised cos I text for a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hopestein

Stillhopeful, great to see you made it to 32 weeks, so pleased for you. Feel sorry for DH forgetting the Patrick's day outfit, hopefully DD won't mind too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SOS1975

Hopefully the school have a few bits to give her.
    I’m sure she won’t mind and ye can laugh at forgetful daddy together.

Still no rollercoaster.
    I’m so intrigued!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Also followed you on rollercoaster. Lovely to see the thread here to keep updated. Hope today is a good day and that the other lady is doing ok too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

As for dd's outfit (or lack thereof), my own Ds had told me about it yesterday but neither of us remembered until we got to the school gate. I was delighted to see another lad in his class without green on and pointed him out, so Ds was happy enough to see he wasn't the only one in uniform. No doubt your dd won't be the only one :-)

I can't believe he forgot when I had the whole thing carefully explained as it was a tutu and leggings and top and I was concerned he would think a tutu was unnecessary lol. I'm one of those crazy mothers who has novelty/seasonal outfits for every occasion and from December 1st every year dd is dressed in Christmas themed outfits!!! I always buy in the sales for next year so I never spend too much on them which eases my guilt a little. Anyway not much we can do about it now I guess. She's gone off as the unloved neglected little child today who's not wearing a sprinkling of green, I hope social services don't get involved lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ade2019

Finally made it here still hopeful! Dd can put on her green for all the nurses to see!

Quick update, the scan was fine, baby was active and fluid was 5.5cm and apparently head is down into the pelvis so all good. Bloods came back normal again today so looks like baby is staying inside for the weekend. I'm a bit surprised about this myself as I actually feel like crap!!! Dh and dd are calling this evening and I am watching the clock til they get here as I didn't see them yesterday.
    I wish I knew the end date for all this one way or another as the living blood test to blood test is nerve wracking but sure what can I do??

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I made it. Yay. Haha. I've had issues logging in but keeping a close eye here since Thursday. Delighted for you stillhopeful fingers crossed you may actually go home still pregnant next week if all stays well to finish out your pregnancy and there's no risk it's a hope eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Quick update, the scan was fine, baby was active and fluid was 5.5cm and apparently head is down into the pelvis so all good. Bloods came back normal again today so looks like baby is staying inside for the weekend. I'm a bit surprised about this myself as I actually feel like crap!!! Dh and dd are calling this evening and I am watching the clock til they get here as I didn't see them yesterday.
    I wish I knew the end date for all this one way or another as the living blood test to blood test is nerve wracking but sure what can I do??

Waiting game is very very hard particularly in hospital. I have every sympathy, there is nothing worse than waiting and watching blood last and blood pressure but you have come so far, every little bit helps for baby and you in the long run

Wingstofly I won't be allowed home til I deliver regardless of how long I last unfortunately.
    Mirrorwall you're right on both counts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wingstofly I won't be allowed home til I deliver regardless of how long I last unfortunately.
    Mirrorwall you're right on both counts there.

Ah well. You left home a mother of one a family of 3 and going home a mother of two a family of four it'll be nice. Thinking of you. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭holliehobbie

Good morning stillhopeful. Not that long since you were worried and in need of comfort and now you are already using your experience to comfort someone else. You have a good heart.
    Hope the blood tests are good.
    My niece who is 35 weeks pregnant has just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and found out that they got baby's gender wrong and she is so low. I sent her details of your RC thread so she could follow you and maybe take inspiration from your journey. She is young and this is her first baby.

Anyway talk later

Take care
    Siobhan

If she has gd at 35 weeks she'll probably only have a month to go before she has her bundle of joy! They don't like gd ladies to go over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jimmers23

Spent 9 weeks in hospital on bed rest before my little boy arrived at 36 weeks weighing 3lb. You can do it.

Advertisement