Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stillhopeful this is your thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

For those waiting on news, a baby boy arrived yesterday evening at 5.28pm weighing in at 4lb 12ozs. It was just a quick update but all seemed good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

coffeyt wrote: »
    For those waiting on news, a baby boy arrived yesterday evening at 5.28pm weighing in at 4lb 12ozs. It was just a quick update but all seemed good!

Congratulations Stillhopeful. That’s a very good weight, my baby was 4lb when born and stayed in neonatal for three weeks. Sending you big hugs and lots of love x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Congratulations!!Sounds like a great weight.Hope all are healthy and doing well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I figured when there was a lull in posts something was afoot.
    Congratulations Stillhopeful - keep this thread to show him how many people were waiting to hear of his arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Congratulations, and the very best of luck with the newborn. Well done

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Fantastic news! Congratulations stillhopeful, hope all is well with you and your new lil man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ade2019

Latest news is that still hopeful is out of icu herself and that lil boy is doing great in a cot with no oxygen support needed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

coffeyt wrote: »

A huge congrats stillhopfull.
    hope both of ye are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

What wonderful news. Huge congratulations to you stillhopeful. A precious little boy. Enjoy every minute with him. Take care.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Fantastic news. Congratulations Stillhopeful and family l. Well done xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Awww I'm delighted to read this news this evening! Well done Stillhopeful and best of luck to you all.xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭pmpa

Such great news, congratulations Stillhopeful. Yourself and your son are such fighters. Wishing your family health and happiness for the future.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lurker here - Massive congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby boy StillHopeful. I don't know your backstory only what I've gleaned from this thread as I'm not on RollerCoaster, but I think you rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Congratulations it’s great news ,so happy for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stillhopeful

I thought I'd come back to you all and send a quick update. My little man is doing amazingly, he has defied the odds and came out completely healthy with no lung damage visible on X-ray and from the second he was born he was able to breathe alone. Since his arrival he has blown us away with his strength and determination, babies don't usually show any interest in sucking from the breast/bottle til after 34weeks and sometimes it can be 36weeks but at 33weeks 1day I commented to the nurse about how every time I held him he was mad rooting and she suggested I follow his lead and allow him to latch and he knew exactly what to do and has fed for a few mins everyday since. He did have a little jaundice but nothing to worry about and tonight is the first night he's fully clothed and sleeping in an open cot instead of the incubator.
    It's been very hard leaving him at the hospital &everytime I leave I hate it but I know it's for the best and I just have to remember where we came from and what we were preparing for.
    I'm so privileged to be able to call him my son and grateful for the fact I can forget the plans I had made for his funeral way back in January and instead I'm wondering about things as trivial as whether or not I should consider replacing my perfect baby bouncer as it's pink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Huge congratulations Stillhopeful. And well done on managing to b/f such a tiny baby. I'm sure he will be at home bouncing happily in his pink bouncer and loving it before you know it.

Don't forget to mind yourself xx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Such a lovely update on your wee warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

That's fantastic Stillhopeful! Thanks for updating us, I was wondering about you over the past few days. The little man obviously gets his fighting spirit from his Mam. Ah before you know it he'll be home ruling the roost and you'll be wishing you had a night all to yourself again;)x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Another lurker here. Congratulations and well done on your wee soldier. It sounds like he is made of strong stuff, just like his mama! BFing a little 33 weeker is amazing. You must be so proud of him. Well done to you all!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Congratulations Stillhopeful! What a story and how much you have achieved!A warrior mama and baby :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Just catching up haven't been on boards in ages X what a story X massive congratulations stillhopefull hope you and baby are doing well x

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭torbie

How amazing -You all so deserve this. And the staff at the hospital - enjoy this time because I think he will continually surprise you!

Advertisement