Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sport device switch issue

Options
  • 13-03-2019 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I tried to switch from an unused Samsung device to my laptop and initially de registered the device.

I was then directed to log out and log on to register my new device (laptop) however the original 2 devices were still listed. I de registered again but now can't register my laptop as I am being told I've already used my swap for this month!!!

I haven't swapped a device, only removed one but now can't add a second

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

removing a device should not be treated as a monthly swap, this has happened me a number of times, needs to be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Seems like the App./Eir sport fell over tonight completely.

I tried to reinstall and got the device limit problem, as have others.

Absolutely useless service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Johnrlalor wrote: »
    I tried to switch from an unused Samsung device to my laptop and initially de registered the device.

I was then directed to log out and log on to register my new device (laptop) however the original 2 devices were still listed. I de registered again but now can't register my laptop as I am being told I've already used my swap for this month!!!

Hi Johnrlalor, 

This would be considered a swap. You will need to wait until next month before you can install the device. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Johnrlalor

Hi Johnrlalor, 

This would be considered a swap. You will need to wait until next month before you can install the device. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

It's not a swap. It's a removal of a device.
    A swap is defined as an exchange of one item for another.
    If I had swapped a device I would still have 2 registered devices one of which would be new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Hi Johnrlalor, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    I'm waiting more than a month and I still can't swap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi Johnrlalor, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    I'm waiting more than a month and I still can't swap
    Hi Phileas Frog, 

If you contact our webchat team here they will be able to assist with this. 

Thanks,
    Grainne

Advertisement