Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is going on with Eir?

Options
  • 13-03-2019 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

I’ve had a few issues with Eir which hopefully have now been resolved but I am astounded at the amount of complaints on the forum here against them, I was totally unaware that there where such serious issues with the company . From the Fancy TV and Radio ads you would think that they are a top company however beneath the surface it’s not the case at all.

A regular issue appears to be that you are told over the phone or via email that your query has been resolved then it’s as if they just hang up, don’t log your query and move on to the next one, then when you realise your issue hasn’t been resolved you follow up and get someone new and the whole cycle repeats!

My question is how can they get away with such frequent bad customer service, how does their management not address these issues, are they on the verge of going bust and simply don’t care, it’s bizarre, I foolishly always thought they had a good name.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭bluetractor

Eir was bought by a french billionaire last year, so zero chance of going bust. Up to December they had some call centre issues with lack of interest by call centre staff and lack of permissions for many of those staff to do the changes required by customers. Someone (probably a very well paid exec) in Eir made the decision to bring all the customer service element in-house. On the face of it, an excellent decision. Three did that a few years ago and their customer service is superb.
    Only problem is that this overpaid exec did not think it through and did not project manage the changeover. Seems he/she "forgot" to phase out the outsourced whilst phasing in the inhouse teams. This led to the outsourced contract ending in December without an inhouse team in place and like any such project, it will take 6-9 months even if you gave it every priority possible. A phenomenal failure and I would sincerely hope that the person responsible and those who signed off on such a stupid arrangement got moved out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Problem was the outsourced call centre found out through the press release about them being let go, and refused to answer calls. I think the only one being kept on, and answering calls, were the loyalty team. Absolute shambles of a company for the last few years.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eir/Eircom used to be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

When they were P&T

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

Eir, Eircom, Telecom Eireann, have all always been a disaster in terms of customer service throughout their entire histories, so nothing new here. Not quite old enough to remember P&T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

paul71 wrote: »
    Eir, Eircom, Telecom Eireann, have all always been a disaster in terms of customer service throughout their entire histories, so nothing new here. Not quite old enough to remember P&T.
    I am. They were ****e then too. Back in the 80s it wasn't unusual for there to be a 9 month+ wait for a phone line in an urban area.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Up to December they had some call centre issues with lack of interest by call centre staff and lack of permissions for many of those staff to do the changes required by customers.

except the process hasn't changed so it had nothing to do with access levels or permissions for HCL.

"lack of interest" refers to staff who were told they were losing their jobs by a press release - how would you feel?

Advertisement