Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel my account?

Options
  • 14-03-2019 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

When asked how to cancel an account Eir Reps on this site continually provide this link:

https://www.eir.ie/switching/#ceasing

Most of this page refers to switching not cancelling.

The only specific reference to cancelling/ceasing refers to a required "30 days' written notice".

It fails however to provide any address, fax number or email address that the notice can be sent to.

When will Eir update the web page to actually inform, customers how cancel their service.

"Cease service
    Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s). Failure to provide notice of your intention to cease may result in

(1) your services not being ceased and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services,

or

(2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional 30 days line rental charge. If you are within the minimum term for your services from eir you may be liable for early cease charges.

Please contact a customer advisor who will advise of any charges which will be applicable on 1800 504 110."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cry5t41

paddy19

Use this link https://www.eir.ie/switching/#switching-letter to cancel your service, sent this letter 30 days before your contract end. Send this as register post, also copy your recipt when you send this. Track this on anPost page and when it is deliver, save this to PDF. This is what I've done.

In my case I was switching to other company, and also this company offer my to cancel eir contract for me, so I did this. I can say I was protected from two sides.

This is ridiculous that in 21 century, big company does not offer you cancel by email. Actually you can not contact with eir by email. Never more eir.

regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

paddy19 wrote: »
    When asked how to cancel an account Eir Reps on this site continually provide this link:

https://www.eir.ie/switching/#ceasing

Most of this page refers to switching not cancelling.

The only specific reference to cancelling/ceasing refers to a required "30 days' written notice".

It fails however to provide any address, fax number or email address that the notice can be sent to.

When will Eir update the web page to actually inform, customers how cancel their service.

"Cease service
    Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s). Failure to provide notice of your intention to cease may result in

(1) your services not being ceased and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services,

or

(2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional 30 days line rental charge. If you are within the minimum term for your services from eir you may be liable for early cease charges.

Please contact a customer advisor who will advise of any charges which will be applicable on 1800 504 110."
    Hi paddy19

Click here for the link which does show the address for switching/cancelling.  The cancellations address is the same as the switching address.

Thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Hi paddy19

Click here for the link which does show the address for switching/cancelling.  The cancellations address is the same as the switching address.

Thanks

Linzi

Thanks for the fast reply Linzi.

The web page does not tell me how to cancel the contract.
    It tells me the cost prosecutions of not complying with the terms and conditions.

When will the web page be updated to let customers know how to know how to cancel?

This would seem to be a fairly basic requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

I certainly wouldn't bother ringing them. I've now been on hold for 1hr and 10 mins to speak to someone to cancel my contract. I'll have to write to them at the address linked. I don't trust them though, they could recieve the letter and then say they didn't get to enter it into the system until a few weeks later as they are busy. The excuse given by automated message is that they are moving premises, said that when I rang them in February too.
    What is all this 1 months notice now too? When your contract is up, how can you demand another months payment? All you need to do is click a button and it will end service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

I certainly wouldn't bother ringing them. I've now been on hold for 1hr and 10 mins to speak to someone to cancel my contract. I'll have to write to them at the address linked. I don't trust them though, they could recieve the letter and then say they didn't get to enter it into the system until a few weeks later as they are busy. The excuse given by automated message is that they are moving premises, said that when I rang them in February too.
    What is all this 1 months notice now too? When your contract is up, how can you demand another months payment? All you need to do is click a button and it will end service.
    Hi murphthesmurf, 

Sorry to hear you were on hold for this long. 

When you send the letter I would advise registering the letter. 
    Once you have sent the letter could you PM the following details and I can monitor your account and will advise once your letter has been received?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement